http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Dullsville ahead, Exit 87

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Dullsville ahead, Exit 87

We're not quite there yet. I can see in the rear view mirror where we've only just passed Exit 82. We've got a few miles left before we get there and maybe in the meantime we'll have a flat tire or be waylayed at an especially interesting looking roadside stand.

A few amusement for the day...

1. Digging knitting with my new rayon/microfiber yarn. Bobbling was easier than ever - and I ought to know because I've started this cowl for the fifth time now. I'm not quite sure if this yarn will end up being suitable for this project but I'll never know for sure until I get it finished and off the needles. In the meantime it's knitting up so easy - which makes me suspicious that it'll end up being for naught.

2. As we've had a rare sunny day here B and I were able to get out and walk down to the lake. We sat at the lakeside cafe for a couple hours (nice thing about restaurants here is they don't rush you away). I took a few pointless pictures and a few of B which weren't pointless at all and were actually pretty cute. Looking all sporty in his sunglasses. He still makes me swoon.

A little boy about two years old ran up to B in his wheelchair and said "Mama! Look! Little car! Want little car too!". Uhh...not this sort of little car, you don't. And certainly not in the way B got it.

3. I've been digging the Pope in Germany coverage on TV. I'm loving the happy, excited people who have flooded Cologne (which I would normally call by it's German name but I'm too tired tonight to change the keyboard to type umlauts) and seeing their faces is rather uplifting. I find that sort of enthusiasm infectious. And the Pope seems like such a shy, unassuming man. I have to wonder what he makes of thousands and thousands of people straining just to catch a glimpse of him.

And can I add that I just love the president of Germany - Horst Koehler? As head of state he's got to greet all the other heads of state and be at other major national functions and he always looks like he's having the most wonderful time. Always dignified and yet never too uptight and stiff, he does Germany proud. You could just tell that today he was loving his job.

4. I'm on a serious lemon yogurt kick these days. Lemon stuff in general but I'm mostly feeding my lemon cravings with yogurt. Sour fruit, sour milk - by golly they just to together!

Tomorrow's Friday. Certainly I can waylay an arrival in Dullsville on a Friday, can't I?

1Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

Nothing much to say -- it's Dullsville here too. Just wanted to say hi.

2:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home