http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Amusements

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Monday, August 22, 2005

Amusements

My weekend has consisted of two things - knitting and Kinder Überraschung Eier, the latter because they've just introduced SpongeBob SquarePants (or SpongeBob SchwammKopf as he's know here) figurines. So far I have two SpongeBobs, two Patricks and one Gary.

Today's trivia: In Germany Squidward is known as Thaddäus Tentatcles.

I'm two 50 gram/105 meter skeins into Aibhlinn and have yet to screw it up. I'm sure I've just jixed myself so stay tuned for the scream heard 'round the world if I have to frog this project again. And today for a change of pace so that I don't screw up my cowl I started to knit a scarf for my neice - one of those long, 5 inch wide scarves done in eyelash yarn. Bubblegum pink eyelash yarn. She's thirteen and her favorite color is pink and she lives in Los Angeles so an eyelash yarn scarf should be perfect for her. And of course since a skinny eyelash yarn scarf done on 8mm needles is as close to perfect mindless knitting as one can get, I've got twenty inches of it finished already.

Chocolate, toys and yarn. It's like visiting a Kindergarten around here.

2Comments:

Blogger BarefootCajun said...

Sorry. That delete was me. I had an error and this danged thing won't let you edit your own post.

Anyway, I'm coming over to hang out with you. I'm dealing with whining clients, husbands, and dogs today. I'd rather be knitting and eating chocolates with Spongebob in them.

1:07 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Just wash your hands before you start knitting!

1:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home