http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Five down, nineteen to go

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Monday, August 08, 2005

Five down, nineteen to go

Inches, that is, on my Aibhlinn cowl.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I've spent pretty much every spare minute over the weekend working on it. I'm a slow knitter so I figure it's going to take me another week or more to finish it.

Thank you, Mary Burr, for designing a pattern I'm enjoying very much. I figure by the time I've made a couple of these I'll be able to bobble blindfolded!

5Comments:

Blogger Miz said...

Wow! That looks good. Nice job!

6:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE it..and that yearn does look all soft and comfy.

Hey, what's your favorite type of yarn to work with? There's a yarn place across the street from work and they are having a huge summer sale, so I thought I'd swing by, but I have no idea what to look for!

3:58 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

I don't knit but this is very pretty. I love it.

4:12 PM  
Blogger BarefootCajun said...

That is cute. I haven't tried anything totally in the round yet. That might be fun to start with.

7:51 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

This really is a fun pattern to knit. The yarn I'm using is just an acrylic I had enough of on hand to finish the project - I think it's enough anyway - and it really is a rather soft yarn...not a bit scratchy like you'd imagine an acrylic to be.

I don't know how it's going to be off the needles though. This cowl needs to have some drape to it or else it'll just stand up stiffly like an overgrown turtleneck so I'm hoping this yarn will provide that drape. If y'all knit this, keep that in mind when picking your yarn (the pattern calls for a cotton/acrylic blend).

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home