http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Backdraft

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Backdraft

For the third time in what... six, seven weeks? there's a fire here in my building. Right now. Right this moment the fire department is here. I'm not sure exactly where it's located in the building except to say that it must be in the elevator or the basement or in the stairwell because a fireman just came through banging on doors and ringing doorbells and yelling for us not to open our doors because of the smoke.

I'm going to guess that it's some dickhead in our building doing this. And I'm going to guess that if I find out who it is, I'm going to tear his head off for it.

I cannot wait to move out of this hellhole.

Ahhh. More news. My MIL just called and said a neighbor friend of ours that lives in the entrance next to ours (the building is a huge monster that goes the length of the block but there are nine separate entrances) called her and said there's a fire in her entrance as well (explains why I saw the fire truck more towards that entrance although I can see a water hose going into our entrance) and she's without power. Good thing I just lowered B into his bed. He had been sitting upright using his computer and if the power went out here too he'd be stuck that way.

I'm getting nervous to live here any longer and even more nervous for my MIL because she's not moving to her new apartment until December 9th. Next thing you know they'll burn the building down around us.

6Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Umm... YIKES!

I AM glad you're moving... I only caught part of the story, I thought you were moving because of Herr and Frau Loud.

You know what would be really fun? To find out who is setting these fires and pour a WHOLE bunch of water on them and then hose them down with a fire extinquisher. You know, just for GP.

4:46 AM  
Blogger Beege said...

When it's time to go: it's time to go.

Sorry all this shit is going down now, Dix.

10:55 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Oh we are moving because of the Loud family. The fires have only served to be assurance that we don't need to live here any longer than is absolutely necessary.

I did find out later today that the real fire was in the entrance next to ours - same place as our basement fire but with more damage - and it was so bad the smoke was pouring through some vents into our basement and coming up into the stairwell.

I am sick to death of smelling smoke in this building. Just when it fades some there's another fire.

11:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wolfgang will be able to retire with all the insurance claims!

Man, Kim, this is nuts- I am so glad you are getting out. Arson- nice.

10:43 PM  
Blogger BarefootCajun said...

How crazy! Not only do you live with the Louds but now an arsonist as well. I'm go glad y'all are getting the hell out of there quickly.

11:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Kim, this is awful. I'm so sorry you and B and your MIL are having to deal with this. How scary. I'm almost thankful to Herr Loud for giving you the impetus to move. (I said ALMOST!)

I hope they catch the bastard setting the fires soon!

4:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home