http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: I shall not be dissuaded

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Monday, October 17, 2005

I shall not be dissuaded

I'm moving. This means, of course, packing. And to do this effectively I need to sort through and throw out stuff I am not planning on moving with me. The idea is to get rid of stuff so I don't have too much to pack.

It's simple. Get rid of stuff so I carry less stuff with me. It's practically become my new mantra.

And yet I'm practically giddy over the idea of going on Wednesday afternoon to a local home furnishings store because I saw in their sales circular for this week a collection of Santa Clauses that I simply must have. Oh yeah, I'm going to look for new lamps and a new sofa while I'm there but that's definitely secondary activity compared to me adding groovy new Santas to my beloved collection. I don't even know where I'm going to display them but screw it - I'm buying them. The rest is merely a minor detail.

And if it gets a little cramped in the boxes then I'll just have to throw some more stuff out. Like...oh...I dunno. Some PC games of B's.

Shhhhh! He'll never miss 'em.

4Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I am just so thrilled to know another person who gets geeked out about Christmas stuff. I, myself, am a snowglobe conneisseur... and I cannot resist them either. I see a cute Christmas snowglobe and all frugal intentions just fly right out of my head.

Please take some photos of your Santas and post them so that I may be appropriately jealous!

5:44 AM  
Blogger Mikki Marshall said...

We are all secret Christmas fanatics...and if we are three, then there are many more.
Come out, come out, fear not!

8:22 AM  
Blogger Beege said...

I've SO been where you are right now! "Must. Not. Buy. More. Crap. Oh, OK, unless it's really cute and I love it." ;)

3:15 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

ACK! Santa buying must wait a day because I have to buy paint during my only available time. But Thursday - oh sweet Thursday - you shall have hours devoted to buying Santa figurines.

It's not just that it's Christmas jazz - it's Santas. I have a big collection of Santa ornaments.

I shall weep bitterly if they're sold out of what I want.

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home