http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: A few kinks, a few snags

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

A few kinks, a few snags

Let's check those loose ends and see how well they've been tied up.
  • Overhead kitchen cabinets installed but I need to have finishing trim put along the tops and bottoms of the cabinets. A trip back to Höffner. Those people wouldn't know what to do if I wasn't in there every other week to buy more shit for this apartment. Also the range hood isn't working. I suspect it wasn't plugged in but I have no energy to get my ass up on a stepladder tonight to look.
  • No more unpacking was done before the empty cartons were picked up today. I think after all the money I've shelled out in the past ten weeks I can afford another 6€ for twelve boxes.
  • A new front was put on B's computer today. The drawer for the DVD burner would work only when I'd pet it and talk dirty so while it's under warranty I had the front replaced. Unfortunately this ten minute job took well over an hour for the repairman to complete so I had to be entertained by a Laurel and Hardy DVD playing in the waiting area. I find Laurel and Hardy to be no more funny in German than they are in English.
  • The man at Höffner from whom I purchased my kitchen is on vacation and when I tried to get help ordering the cabinet molding I was given a pantload of lip from his associate. Silly bitch. Is she not aware of the thousands and thousands and thousands of euros I've spent at Höffner in 2005? Screw her. I'll come back after the new year and talk to my regular kitchen guy, have him place the order and tell him what a cow his associate is.
In all things are coming along with only minor snags. Since my hanging cabinet configuration is quite a bit different than when there were in my old apartment I need to figure out what needs to go where. This is when I really hate living 5000 miles away from my family because this is the exact sort of thing for which my sister has a real talent. Know what that means? It means that I will spend the next seven months making do with whatever I settle on and then when my sister comes to visit next July she can redo it all and I can sit back and say "Ohhh yeah! Oh yes, that's much, much better!".

One more week and y'all will finally see photos of my new apartment. Just let me get my new sofa and chair delivered.

3Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Dix... maybe you should leave that range hood plugging to Kitchen Guy because... you don't want to be getting up on any stepladder.

JUST DON'T DO IT!!!

10:36 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Eh, ladders I don't fret so much over. But then again I could just get my MIL to do it. Heh.

I don't want to leave it though - if it really doesn't work I have to call the Kitchen Dudes and I don't want to call them to have them come back and say "Wasn't plugged in, silly!".

11:03 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

My sister has to decorate my house too -- she's good at stuff like that -- I'm not.

2:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home