http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Maybe I'll even find time to knit!

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Maybe I'll even find time to knit!

All the little loose ends seem to be coming together to be tied up once and for all.
  • The corner hanging cabinet for my kitchen has been delivered. Tomorrow Kitchen Dude will install all the hanging cabinets and I can stop storing my dishes on a table in the back sitting room.
  • The furniture store called and said my new sofa and armchair will be delivered on December 22. I ordered them so long ago I've pretty well forgotten what they look like but at least they'll be delivered in time to avoid everyone sitting on kitchen chairs as we gather 'round the Christmas tree to open gifts.
  • All of my outside-of-Germany Christmas shopping has been completed and it will all be delivered by Christmas. How did I function before there was reliable online shopping? Oh yeah, I remember! I spent time buying gifts for my friends and family in the US, hunted for a couple boxes that I could safely cram everything into, lugged the awkward boxes to the post office, realized that I'd taken too long to shop and pack and would now have to send everything airmail if I wanted even a remote chance that it would be delivered for Christmas, spent twice as much on airmail as what the contents of the boxes were worth, called my family on a near daily basis to ask if the boxes had arrived, consoled myself with "Oh well, it extends the season when things arrive after Christmas." when the boxes aren't delivered by Christmas Eve.
  • Tokytokytokytoky computer no longer tokytoks. The hard drive has been changed, the repairman partitioned it for us and B is right now reinstalling some programs. And thank God and his band o' chubby angels, the internet sharing works!
  • I still have boxes left to be unpacked and I doubt I will have them finished before the empty cartons are removed tomorrow by the moving company but it's fine. There's not much left and I'll just pay the moving company for the boxes I'm keeping. I'm not going to get overwhelmed with this and once the kitchen is finished I can get that crap out of my way and unpack easier.
If all this keeps up I'll be able to start baking Christmas cookies by the weekend.

3Comments:

Blogger Mikki Marshall said...

I do absolutely everything online, I buy my groceries, I do my banking, pay bills, and by stuff... lots and lots of stuff!

I did all my Christmas shopping, with only two gifts to go. I feel somewhat accomplished for once.

3:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doesn't it feel good to get everything tied up? Especially at this time of year.

By the way, thanks for the link on the message board.

Patrick

5:16 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Glad to give you the plug, Patrick!

M - doing things online is a blessing to the homebound, isn't it? It used to be that B had to rely on me or his mom to do everything for him and now with doing our banking online and being able to shop online he's able to take care of the things he likes to take care of.

I can't grocery shop online but when that becomes available here I imagine I will.

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home