http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Knitting Olympics, Day 4

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Monday, February 13, 2006

Knitting Olympics, Day 4

Image hosting by Photobucket

That's the progress I've made on my baby blanket project so far. It's flipped in half so obviously it'll be twice as wide and so far it's 14 inches long with the border and 2 1/2 pattern rounds finished. The end length is supposed to be 43 inches with 11 pattern rounds, four extra rows of the pattern round and the border on the other end but even with my piss poor math skills I think that's going to be way longer than 43 inches so I reckon I'll have it finished sooner than I had planned. The pattern isn't written very well - lots of typos and other errors - so it doesn't surprise me that I'm getting more length with less knitting. There's no gauge on the pattern so it's hard to know what this designer was thinking.

Again, the lighting doesn't do the color justice. In the photo it looks rather gray but in reality it's a pale, silvery blue.

8Comments:

Blogger Spinningsue said...

Very nice! It's a shame we can't get colour reproduction isn't it?

10:25 PM  
Blogger Spinningsue said...

Ooops! That should be 'good colour reproduction'.

10:27 PM  
Blogger christina said...

Looks very pretty so far!

10:34 PM  
Blogger Sally said...

You olympic knitters are awesome! I'm very impressed. Big hugs to you for being a expat olympian! Go team USA! (i have to support them for Kirsti's sake!)

Sal x

11:16 PM  
Blogger Lynanne said...

Oh wow! I bet it's going to be a treasured keepsake! I wish I could knit. I tried to teach myself about a month ago but I'm stuck. I'm a knitting idiot. The pattern just makes no sense to me.

4:38 AM  
Blogger Mimey said...

Impressive.

9:25 AM  
Blogger BarefootCajun said...

Lovely! Zea's going to love it. I love a basket weave pattern.

9:49 PM  
Blogger Kirsti said...

It's looking just great! Very very nice technique work, especially with struggling with the pattern errors.

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home