http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Close Your Mind's Eye

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Close Your Mind's Eye

I was up early, early, early this morning and at the grocery store before the heat had a chance to crank up to epic proportions. As soon as I came in I shed my street clothes in favor of panties and a sleevless t-shirt and that's been all I've been wearing for the rest of the day.

I realize that this last sentence may have left you with an unwanted mental image but desperate measures had to be taken. And please know that I didn't go out of my apartment nor even onto my balcony while in this state of dress. I may be sweaty, but I am courteous to my neighbors.

6Comments:

Blogger Maria said...

That's the only smart thing to wear when it's hotter than hell. I'm sorry you're miserable -- I'm air conditioned and I wish I could send some your way.

1:27 AM  
Blogger Acinom said...

but but...it's thursday! no haiku? *sniff sniff*

I look forward all week to Haiku Thursday!

Or was it that you wrote one and it just melted off the page?

I hope your heatwave breaks soon!

3:04 AM  
Blogger ~ T (grits) ~ said...

Hey, at home I LIVE in my thin cotton sarongs or caftans - nuttin underneath but maybe some corn starch baby powder!!!

5:50 AM  
Blogger Miz said...

Ahhh, my afterwork wardrobe of choice!! That's good to sleep in too I have found.
I have 3 tank tops, and occasionally (after dark) wander out on the back porch and jump in the pool in that hot weather uniform of tank and panties.

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's my wardrobe pretty much 365 days of the year. I'm ashamed to admit this but putting on real clothing to go out in feels kinda odd, and I can seriously imagine joining a nudist colony when my kids are grown and moved out. As for my neighbors... heh.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Ria - Suck up some A/C for me, okay?

Mon - My brain was too mushy to haiku. Next week!

Grits - That reminds me of those cans of powder my grandmother always had.

Miz - Jumping into a pool sounds wonderful right about now.

Lisa - Whoda thunk you were the FKK type? :-D

11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home