http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Friday Shuffle - Incredibly Furious Edition

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Friday, September 08, 2006

Friday Shuffle - Incredibly Furious Edition

I warn you now. If you tell me "That's why you should periodically save your work!" I will track you down and subject you to a myriad of unpleasant things, many of them involving sharp instruments, organ meats and Brady Bunch re-runs and glue. That being said, please allow me to whine and bitch about this piece of shit I laughingly call my computer.

We're a two computer family. Roughly every 18 to 24 months we buy a new one. I get the older computer, B gets the new one (he's the gamer in the family so he gets the one with the better graphic capability) and whatever I've been using gets passed on to anyone we know needing a computer.

The computer that is designated as mine is falling apart. Barely 2 1/2 years old, it's already had a new DVD ROM and a new harddrive while it was still under warranty and now either the memory is shot or the motherboard is going belly up.

And it hates me.

When B uses this computer it's a dream. Nothing ever goes wrong. Put it back in my hands and it's pissier than a fourteeen year old with PMS.

It's no secret that I've been a little dry on the blog content lately. I've been desperate to get out of my dry spell and tonight seemed to be a night where I could write and not have fifteen false starts, incomplete thoughts and general lack of writing ability.

I write. Bixente the iPod shuffles. All is good. And just before I'm about to publish the post, Pissy the Computer has an attack that involves dozens of windows suddenly opening and my inability to save my work before I have to abandon ship and reboot.

Insert string of expletives here that would have had my grandmother saying "You stop that damn cussing or I'll knock your ass off!".

I'm not asking for much. All I want is for this mechanical bitch to function for just a couple more months until the computer with the components we want is a price that I am willing to pay without feeling as though I'm being asked to bend over first.

Bixente, shuffle for me again, baby.
  1. Brimful Of Asha - Cornershop
  2. Holiday - Green Day
  3. Rosealia - Better Than Ezra
  4. Shit Towne - Live
  5. (Just Like) Starting Over - John Lennon
  6. The Finish Line - Snow Patrol
  7. Dancing Queen - ABBA
  8. Love It When You Call - The Feeling
  9. Mrs. Robinson - The Lemonheads
  10. Cliffs Of Dover - Eric Johnson
Number four proves that all techology hates me today.

Y'all have a serenity filled weekend.

6Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dixie, go read my blog. I wrote a story about what happened to your muse. The idea of a muse taking a vacation and then getting waylaid entertained me so much I wanted to see what it was that really happened. Hope you enjoy it!

3:02 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

I have a love/hate relationship with technology too -- and it's heavy on the hate side. Maybe that's why my Microsoft co-workers think I'm odd. (I'm actually sure that I'm pretty normal and THEY'RE all odd... 70,000 left brainers in one place -- it's sheer hell sometimes!)

Your original (lost) post might have been grand, but what you posted absolutely rocks too!

Carol

3:34 AM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

Dixie you amazing woman. God you make me smile!

I'm sorry your computer is an ass.

5:29 AM  
Blogger zoe xx said...

But the good news is that your shuffle is ace!!

7:38 AM  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

I tried leaving a comment last night but our internet was acting out! HA. Sounds like we all have had a bit too much of the full-moon lunar eclipse!!!

2:40 PM  
Blogger The Big Finn said...

At least 'Dancing Queen' came up on the shuffle. What a great song!

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home