http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Don't Hold It Against Me

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Don't Hold It Against Me

I'm not feeling very put together these days so all I've got for y'all is the random and disjointed.

~ It seems a UTI has seen fit to take up residence in me so I'm literally feeling all pissy and cranky. And it didn't help that I had to stroll over to the doctor's office at 6:45 this morning so I could wee in a cup and get some medication. I generally only acknowledge one 6:45 per day and that wasn't the one.

~ Lately I've had a ridiculous urge to go to Scotland. Scotland in late fall. Gah - that's got to be a cold, damp experience. Then again if you're jacked up in a Scottish pub then maybe you don't give a damn about what's going on outside.

~ My jonesing for anything that even remotely Scottish-ish made me look up this last night. I haven't heard that song in years but the minute I saw the video I remembered waiting hour after hour for that particular song to come on MTV because I loved it. Yeah, occasionally my taste in music is not at all refined but a little crap music never hurt anyone.

~ I have decided that the merino sock yarn in the Gryffindor colorway I bought from Belinda at Wool Bunny needs a name change. First, I have another pair of maroon and gold socks that I already call my Gryffindor socks. Second, this maroon in this colorway isn't exactly maroon but not brown or red either and the gold is a deeper, more orangy gold. I shall now call this colorway Saffron because the maroon is very close to saffron stamens and the gold is close to the color of saffron rice. It knits up quite nice and I'll take a picture when I have more of the leg done. Yeah, yeah...I know. Can you at least pretend to be excited over more sock photos?

~ There's something wrong with me because I'm all excited about starting to watch the third season of my Babylon 5 box set, isn't there?

~ Uh oh. I have just admitted that I am becoming a sci-fi geek, take joy in music of questionable taste, want to hang out in Scottish pubs and have sweated over the nobody-cares-but-you name of a sock yarn colorway. No wonder I have a UTI. I was probably spoiling for it.

8Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

There is nothing wrong with being excited about starting to watch the third season of your Babylon 5 box set -- you should see me when I go on Buffy marathons.

2:28 AM  
Blogger Mimey said...

Buffy marathons are a fine and noble way to spend your time! I know that much. Popular sci-fi broadcasts are really an exploration of a society's mindset, fears, hopes, preoccupations, and as such, about as silly as reading the newspaper or voting in elections.

Woo, yeah, hurray, sockie piccies, bring it on [I hope no one notices the false enthusiasm here] I cannot wait ;-) (was that any good for you?)

And as for infections of all and every kind, may they disappear quickly and never return.

8:12 AM  
Blogger The DP said...

I so hate UTIs...people don't realise how much they affect your stress levels. It just creates angst because you can't chill because you always have to go potty. It's not like having a cold where you can just be catatonic.

I used to get them frequently until I tried a homeopathic cure. I haven't had one since.

10:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

heheh you called me Brenda :P

Kim I'm sorry you're not feeling well hon :( I had a bladder infection about 2 months ago. It was the first time I'd ever had something like that. If the pain of child birth is anything like that pain, count me out!

Here's to you getting better soon sweetie!!!! :D :D

8:25 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

God only knows why, Belinda. I chalk it up to being a dork. I edited!

I don't know for sure but I'd bet that a UTI hurts way less than childbirth. My guess is that the only thing that approaches a childbirth is a gallbladder attack.

And yes, a gallbladder attack hurts way, way worse than a UTI.

9:38 PM  
Blogger Norma said...

I've seen a lot of sock blogs, but never one on UTI.

6:11 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Never let it be said that I'm not multi-faceted. ;)

7:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udMGCJF0fXs

Now that is a Scottish video! They are from Fife Scotland!

Just for you, Kim!

Moll

5:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home