http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Dots and Loops

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Monday, November 20, 2006

Dots and Loops

My life is becoming a bulleted list.
  • Said to me by Darling Mollie in reference to a chore she's been dreading and putting off: "Holy crap, I want to do this as much as I want to go to a vomitorium for a free enema!". Want to know why I knit her socks? Because she never fails to amuse me with lines like this!
  • Project for the week: Take my vast collection of Christmas CDs, rip them and then sort through the Christmas mp3s I already have to remove duplicates and get them loaded on Bixente the iPod. Come Friday he's going to be an all Christmas, all the time carol playing machine.
  • My new mission in shopping is to find a curling iron with a large barrel. So far I've been SOL. Is stringy and limp straight hair still in?
  • My mother called around 10:45pm and scared me to death. She very seldom calls so late and when she did I assumed there was some sort of problem. So I could pay for the call I told her to hang up and called her back. She answered and I blurted out "Mama! What's wrong? Who's sick?". "Oh! No one's sick," she replied. "I just wanted to know if you want a fruitcake for Christmas!". You know I'd like to blame this on her Alzheimer's disease but she did the same sort of thing twenty years ago.
  • I flirted briefly with the idea of making twenty bulleted points since this is day twenty of NaBloPoMo - being as I'm such a showoff - and then I pulled my head out of my rear and remembered how it made my brain hurt to do fourteen.
  • Six seems to be my dot limit so let's switch to loops. Knitting is merely making interconnecting loops with string and a couple sticks. Here's my latest batch of loops still on sticks:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


These socks are going to be so adorable! They're for Darling Mollie knitted from Regia Silk - 55% merino wool, 20% silk, 25% polyacrylic. I had started to make her Snicket Socks but this yarn's bad for splitting so I switched to this basketweave ribbing pattern. Fun pattern to knit and would you just look at the cuteness of these socks? I could just cry over how precious this pattern is with this yarn! Look!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Darling Mollie's gonna have to come up with some seriously hilarious lines to pay for these babies.

8Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, I like the basketweave socks. A lot. I really really want to cast on for a pair of socks right now.

12:31 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

I love how it gives a solid color yarn so much spark and it's easy to knit up.

12:40 AM  
Blogger Miz said...

Oh those are wonderful! I want a pair!!

2:23 AM  
Blogger christina said...

Those are so cute. For some reason they remind me of one of those baskdetweave Easter cakes with buttercream icing. I'm hungry now!

7:50 AM  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

You are so very clever, Ms. Dixie, with your dots and loops and basketweaves. I declare. You're better than a good book or movie!

3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay - this is gonna be vulgar - cast your eyes away, prim people. But my first thought upon seeing these socks was "who do I hafta blow to get a pair of THOSE??"

Do you take commissions Ms. Dixie? I will pay, whenever you have time. This year or next, doesn't matter. A couple pair of pretties and the shipping. These socks remind me of my mom. Let me know.

9:43 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Well Lisa, in answer to your first question: Not me! Heh!

Lisa, I think I can work out a sock knitting deal with you after the first of the year, okay? We'll get you into some basketweave socks.

6:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely love these socks!!!!! Thank you for sharing them.

12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home