http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: They Don't Let No Angels Out At Night

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

They Don't Let No Angels Out At Night

Yesterday I confessed that I'm intrigued by the 11:11 thing and at the same time I confessed that I believe that we're surrounded by angels and I realized that to some I now sound like a world class flake.

Hey, I met my husband online and moved to Germany nine years ago to marry him. If that didn't make you think I'm flakey then I guess a little belief in angels shouldn't shake you up any.

I know to some belief in angels is akin to believing in fairies and elves and fairy godmothers and competent politicians but as a Christian I believe in their exsistance because they're mentioned in the Bible. I know other religions such as Islam and Judaism embrace belief in angels as well.

I don't believe angels are the souls of departed humans. I don't believe angels ever were or ever will be human. I believe they are spirits that are messengers and helpers of God and I believe they are around us all the time. I believe that angels observe our lives on earth and can hear our thoughts without judgement or interference. Since they don't judge us, I don't believe they are happy or sad about the things we humans do but they do know our emotions and have the ability to comfort us without us necessarily knowing it because their observations of us have allowed them to learn when we're upset or angry or frightened. I believe that angels have always been in exsistance - they observed Earth before humans lived on Earth - and I believe they never die. I believe that angels have no free will of their own and will not interfere in the free will of humans unless directed to do so by God. Angels serve God by protecting us, helping us and giving us messages from God that can exsist in many forms and all is done at the direction of God. I believe that angels can take human form and perform feats that humans are unable to perform but for the most part they are simply around us observing and waiting for God to direct them to have contact with humans.

I'm comforted with the idea of being surrounded by angels. I like the feeling that I am never alone and am always watched but the watcher doesn't judge me for my actions or thoughts. I also elicit the help of angels and if it is God's will that they help me, they'll do so. Every time I have to lift B I always say "Help me angels!" and if they're able to, they will.

I know that as I sleep I have angels around me. As B and I say goodnight to each other we say to one another "Angels on your pillow.". I find it interesting that B is sometimes a doubting believer of God but he's much more accepting of the idea of angels.

I think many people don't necessarily fear being dead but fear the process of dying and one of their biggest fears is dying alone. I had the same fear until I began to accept more my belief in angels. Now I believe that as I take my last breaths on earth I will not be alone as angels will be with me and when my spirit returns to its creator, angels will be there to greet me.

9Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet. :) I believe that too.

11:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's amazing how people can share nearly identical beliefs with different names.

I don't believe in angels, per se, but I believe in the power of the universe, of thought, collective energy, what have you. And yet, it's damn near the same thing you described.

I keep forgetting to tell you this, but this seems like the perfect time. I had never heard of our seen Willow Tree Angels until you posted about them a few months ago. Now, I see them everywhere. When I do, I think of you. Same as when I see a sock monkey. I think stuff like that is the work of angels/energy/the universe/God etc. Those reminders that, even if you're alone, there are people out there thinking of you and loving you.

12:51 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Robin, what you believe is a lot like what B believes. He believes in an energy or spirit of the universe but he's not comfortable all the time saying it's God because of how many organized religions have assigned human behaviors and personalities to God.

And guiding us to see or hear something that reminds us of those we care about, I believe, is a way that God reminds us of those people. Ever notice you'll be reminded of someone when you seem to really need it? I believe that's God giving us a message through angels. Angels give us that nudge we need to open our eyes and take things in.

1:32 AM  
Blogger sari said...

I believe in angels as well. There have been things that have happened to me that are way too long to go into, but I do believe.

This is a nice post for today, by the way. Just right.

6:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Dixie... My mother was a "devout atheist," but I will swear until my last day that, as she was dying -- and the final process took about a week -- she was surrounded by what I can only describe as angels. In fact, my theory is that when she asked my dad, "Who's she?" and "Who's that?" she was referring to the angels that had come for her. (Not to me, as Dad insists...) The crazy thing is that, other than this belief, I'm agnostic, at best. SOMETHING beautiful happened to Mom as she passed from this world to the next -- something I also believe in... but only since experiencing that with her. And I have Mom to thank for my complete lack of fear regarding death and dying.

Damn, I should post about these important things instead of the trite stuff I post!!

Carol

7:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suppose that I, particularly in relation to the time thing, believe in apophenia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apophenia

Pretty boring, huh? Not as good as angels.

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dixie, sometimes I swear you are in my head!

Your views on angels are practically the same as mine.

I definitely believe they are angels, and that they are "agents" of God, spiritual entities whose mission is to comfort and support us.

I'll tell you my world wold be a sadder lonelier place without angels.

Also, coming from a small family and having no children, I particualrly like your ideas of angels and death.

Great post.

8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't think you're flaky, dix, i think you're brave ;)

9:04 PM  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

Anyone who ever thought you were a flake deserves a nice, sound smack!

Having said that, I do think it's interesting that even for those of us who grew up in the Christian church, hearing about angels all the time, it hasn't been until the last few years that angels have received the wide press they have, especially in educated circles. A PhD friend of mine is writing books and doing worldwide seminars on Angels.

I have always believed in angels and have 2 very specific stories from my past where angels were clearly involved. But it's only been recently that I've actually been asking them for their help. I read that they don't like to interfere with us (while they're watching and protecting us) but DO long for us to ask for their help. Also, for some reason, they always seem to have big smiles on their faces when I think about them, as though they're so glad to be noticed. I see their wings flapping and twirling around...kinda like fairies. And I don't for one second feel crazy :) I'm actually growing to like it, sensing that we really are part of something much bigger than we ever thought!

As you can tell, Dixie, your post got me to thinking :)

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home