http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Fourteen Dots

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Fourteen Dots

It's day fourteen of NaBloPoMo and while I haven't yet had to resort to a meme or knitting photos (don't cheer - the month ain't over yet), I'm breaking out the bulleted list. But I'll do fourteen of them so it'll be all theme-y and stuff.

  • I'm a little concerned about the cook at the Chinese take-out place I frequent. Since the day a couple months ago when it was closed for no apparent reason he's been gone. His wife is doing the cooking now and while she's good, he was better. She makes her sauces thinner than he does and doesn't put enough bean sprouts in the lo-mein but she does always give me extra spring rolls so I don't complain.
  • I don't even know that the cook and the wife are married - I just always assumed they were. She was able to chew his ass out in Vietnamese in a way only a wife can.
  • To the players and coaches of Bayern-München: Could you please stop sucking? Look, I know you won on Saturday and you're still in the DFB Cup and you've made it into the next round of the Champion's League but it's not enough. You're simply going to have to do better. Special note to my boyfriend, Claudio Pizarro: Just a few more goals, okay? I don't ask for much.
  • I was thinking that perhaps B was going to surprise me for Christmas this year and get me a laptop. He's asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I said "Well, I'd love a laptop!" but we just bought him a new computer two months ago so I said "But I know we have to wait.". Still, I was hopeful but today he asked me again what I wanted for Christmas. And I don't even know what I want. A laptop is all I really want. Looks like I ask for books again this year!
  • Ask me how pissed I was to finish the second in a pair of Fetching handwarmers and to run out of yarn before I could put in the thumb. This is the sixth pair I've knit and I've always had enough in a skein to finish them plus a couple yards to spare and this time I run out. I was so pissed I threw the unfinished glove in a cabinet and cast on for a pair of Snicket Socks for Darling Mollie. Thin merino and silk blend yarn on 2mm needles. This ought to be fun!
  • It disappointed me that the nail salon that's next to my apartment building has its Christmas decorations up already. I was even more disappointed to see that the giant plastic Santa face in the window looks like the face of a homicidal maniac. Ho, ho, ho!
  • I have decided to take advantage of the predicted warm weather that will be here for a few days and clean the inside of my car. If I spun the dog hair currently covering its seats I would have enough yarn to knit an Irish Wolfhound.
  • Betcha Belinda would tell me that my next dog should be a poodle and then I wouldn't have this problem.
  • I'm at the point in my Babylon 5 box set where the story is especially intense and I am positively wallowing in all it's geeky glory.
  • Okay, I've been at this for over an hour now. Fourteen bulleted points may have been a bit too ambitious.
  • What better proof is there that I've had a most uneventful day?
  • I just got email from my sister with an attached video of a man evidently trying to remove his pubic hair by taking a Bic lighter to it and yes, we both found it to be hilarious. You can just imagine what holiday dinners with us around were like.
  • I need to call my mother and I'm sort of dreading it. I haven't talked to her in about three weeks and she's going to chew me about about it. Nevermind that I've tried to call and would only get voice mail. Her memory problems keeps her from remembering that I left her messages but she has no problem remembering when the last time it was that I called her.
  • Fourteen. Over the finish line. Done. Now get me a Gatorade and point me to the showers.

8Comments:

Blogger Tiffany said...

Shitzus (sp) don't shed either, but the bark. Eh, I'll take the big ones no matter what the hair kind.

Great dane please!

11:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have both a fluffy cat and a dog, both have the same color hair, gray. It is everywhere. Every time I vaccum there is enough hair to knit a horse, If only I had thought to save it all, I could have crocheted a bridge to America. Keep asking for the laptop, maybe he forgot or didn't realize you were serious. I keep asking for a digital camera, a fancy set of pots and pans, and I keep getting ugly sweaters.

12:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I might steal your 14 Dots idea, as I'm stumped for today. You know what I'd like to blog about, but won't. And frankly, that's all that's going on in my life right now.

I can't believe you didn't share the video.

I've been hiding from my Fetching because I've already frogged the thumb once and I like to avoid scary things.

1:26 AM  
Blogger Shelley - At Home in Rome said...

Ciao! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love yours...beautiful design. (Jealous. But just a little. In a good way.)

You knit too? What a woman. I am trying to get back into it after eons. I'm with you on the NaMoBloPo...trying to resist that inevitable post with a picture of a sock I knitted...but I can feel it coming on already... how I'm gonna tie that in with Rome? Wait and see! :-)

Buona giornata...

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So we got the game Anno 1701 and sad to say, I'm truly addicted.

I *should* be preparing for my trip and finishing Chris' sweater.....

can't........stop.........playing

gawd and now I'm hungry for chinese food!!!

huge hugs your way

11:52 AM  
Blogger christina said...

You are goooood! But yes, I think seeing that video would add a bit of sparkle to our mundane lives.

1:17 PM  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

HA. So does that mean we'll get the video some day soon :)

Just out of curiosity, what do YOU think is harder to knit: handwarmers or socks? I have a handwarmer on right now here in Atlanta--just on my right "mouse" hand. For some reason, it always gets cold this time of the year when I'm at the computer--here and in Hannover.

4:16 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Oh handwarmers are way easier for me to knit. There are no heels on a handwarmer.

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home