http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Don't Be Afraid...It Won't Take Long

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Don't Be Afraid...It Won't Take Long

The Tuesday knitting talk, that is.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Another pair of Jaywalker socks, this time they're for my friend, Karen. She's a DJ for a country radio station in Virginia. B loves to listen to her broadcast online. Completely in love with her voice.

I wonder if going into the Nashville Saloon and bragging that I am personal friends with not only a real live country radio DJ but a DJ who has met many, many big country music stars would get me free fries?

Anyway, since I only knit one other Jaywalker sock and thought this colorway would look good all zig-zaggy I started another pair. It's also pleasing me no end that the colors look much prettier knitted up than they appear on the skein. All bronze and caramel color with the cream white thrown in. It reminds me of that Brachs caramel candies you'd find in the black and orange waxy paper at Halloween time.

Over the weekend I also cast on and started a new non-sock project for another friend. It's still in the super secret stage so I'll say nothing more except to say that I've knit this pattern before and loved the result and thought the recipient needed the same for her. Ach! There I go, letting out a clue. Now you know it's for a her.

Mr. Fab? Haddock? Big Finn? I know you're crushed that it's not for you. Buck up, fellas!

Labels:

4Comments:

Blogger sari said...

It looks great! And how could you NOT like something that is like Brachs? ha ha

I didn't know Karen had an online broadcast..you'll have to email me the info so I can check her out.

6:03 AM  
Blogger Molly said...

Very pretty indeed. I'm with Sari on the Brachs. and caramel? yum.

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

since I follow your knitting closely I have an idea of what the gift might be *wink*

and I love the jaywalker pattern with stripes. they go together like......well like Candy and halloween.

2:49 PM  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

I like the Jaywalker pattern, too, Dixie, but it's the caramel Brach's that sold me! :)

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home