http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Quick and Dotty

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Quick and Dotty

Full day, not enough sleep, halfway cranky disposition, mandatory posting. What does that add up to? You getting the bulleted list treatment.
  • Lindor chocolates by Lindt. Damn your smooth chocolaty goodness. Damn your delicious power of addiction. You must be Satan's eyeballs.

  • Yesterday when I went out to fetch bread at the bakery I saw the mail dude down the street delivering packages. Since I was expecting a package to be delivered any day I hung around the front of my building. He delivered a package next door and then brought packages to the delivery door of the auto club office that's at the front of my building. I reckoned he had nothing for me since he passed by my particular entrance so I went on about my business. When I returned I found a "We tried to deliver a package to you! Come pick it up tomorrow at the post office!" slip in my mailbox. And so I did. And while I was gone to the post office to pick up the package I missed delivery of yesterday I missed the delivery of another package today. Is this an example of irony or just dumb ass luck?

  • Week before last when I was at the gynecologist she took my blood pressure and it was high. Really high. And this was strange because normally my blood pressure is as steady as a rock. My gyn wrote me a note to give to my primary care physician who I was going to be seeing at my home later in the day and Dr. K was puzzled herself because I'm normally super steady blood pressure woman. So now I have an appointment to go to Dr. K's office to be outfitted with some gadget that'll take my blood pressure something like every half hour for 24 hours to see if it's just a fluke or if I need to be put on medication. My sister went on blood pressure meds when she was my age so it wouldn't be out of the question. My problem is that how is this gadget not going to elevate my blood pressure because I have a feeling it's going to annoy me no end.

  • Number one on my to-do list for tomorrow. And the next day. And may days after that.
Back tomorrow. I'll be the one making the funny buzzing and puffing noise every half hour.

Labels: ,

6Comments:

Blogger Rositta said...

I visit your site frequently but rarely comment. I too have had a blood pressure issue for 6 months now. I believe mine started from the stress of dealing with my dying mother, doctors, hospitals etc. I also have arrythmia. I'm getting a 24 hour b/p monitor next week but it doesn't make me nervous. My b/p goes from a high of 160/100 to a love 118/80 in a 24 hour period so they need to see the average. I will avoid pills at all costs since I tried some for two months. The side effects are simply not worth it. For me it's not a weight issue, it's simply (in my view) because of my bad hips I can't walk as much or as fast as is needed for a good cardio workout and stress. Also a friend, who is a nurse suggested CoQEnzyme (herbal) and they seem to work. Good luck...ciao

2:00 AM  
Blogger The DP said...

i had to use one of those 24 hour gadget thingies. they do verily suck. get some sleep the night before because you will wake up every hour the stupid thing goes off.
i had to wear mine to work. i looked like an oompa loompa with a colostomy bag. tell B he can't laugh.
If it makes you feel any better I am 29 and on BP meds.

6:00 AM  
Blogger Haddock said...

I had one of those BP monitors for 24 hours. The worst thing is try to sleep. Driving a car is kind of weird as well when your arm starts to inflate.
Hope all goes well with the BP. Hopefully your high BP is just a one off and it will get lower in the future. The purpose of the test is to check if your BP gets lower at night compared to the day (its supposed to).

10:52 AM  
Blogger Princess Cat's Pajamas said...

Oh, gross. Satan's eyeballs. I'll never look at Lindt truffles the same way again! ;)

1:34 PM  
Blogger Mahala said...

*snort* Satan's eyeballs indeed!

2:34 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

My favorite part of the "Learn To Spin A Pencil" video was the advice to "practice with an unsharpened pencil." Yep, it's all fun and games until somebody puts out an eye! LOL!

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home