http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Scrooed and Popped Dots

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Scrooed and Popped Dots

Scattered, unrelated happenings ahead. Here we go.
  • Hair Scroos. Ohdearlord, how did I live before I found Hair Scroos? I didn't know where to find them but read somewhere online that they can be easily be found in Germany at all drugstores. In reality it seems that what was meant was all drugstores except the first two I went to looking for them. Third time was indeed the charm and I found them at my local Müllers. As you can see by looking at picture they appear fierce and tricky but in reality they're quite easy to use. The trick is to twist the hair you wish to have pinned up and then you simply screw in the Hair Scroos at strategic points to hold up your hair instead of using conventional hairpins. And since they screw in, the pins don't fall back out. I love them. I put my hair up all the time now. I'm running around my flat looking like a prissy schoolmarm with my hair up in a cute little bun one day and a chic French twist on another day. And yes, I do resemble a compound dwelling, poligamy marriage wife wearing Holly Hobbie's wardrobe when I French braid my hair and Hair Scroo the bottom of it underneath the upper part of the braid. No crazy aerodynamic bangs though.

  • Did I learn my lesson last month and get my pair-a-month socks knitalong project finished in plenty of time? No I did not. I don't even have the heels knit on them yet and here it is the 22nd. I told y'all this was going to happen!

  • I need some new double pointed needles. In reality I merely want them but perhaps if I say "need" instead of "want" enough then I'll be able to justify spending a tenner (plus shipping!) on two sets of dpns. The call of nickel-plated Harmony dpns is strong and my will is weak.

  • Popcorn. You irresistible little minx, you.

  • I'm not ashamed to say that while cooking supper tonight I danced around the kitchen while listening to Bixente, the iPod. And I thought using wooden spoons as drumsticks was a fairly inventive touch.
Oops. Popcorn's done. Tschüss.

Labels: ,

8Comments:

Blogger TitanKT said...

Those do look complicated. You know, for all that I have very long hair and have for many years, I have never been talented about putting it up. I can manage a ponytail... but that's about it. I cannot french braid my own hair and I haven't found any other device for putting it up that is easy to use and also looks good and is also comfortable.

I'm very impressed with your talents, must be the knitting... if you can knit you can do hair? Heh...

4:45 AM  
Blogger Marshamlow said...

I don't know anything about knitting, but if I could easily score you some double pointed needles, would you consider a trade for kindereggs? My poor dear child has never seen one.

4:58 AM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

I do believe I need a play by play on how those hair things work!

5:36 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Katy - I used to be pretty bad at French braiding my hair - it always turned out lumpy. Turns out I was using too big of pieces of hair. Look at this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvfBpb0o59s

and then practice over and over. You'll get the hang of it. I used to not be able to do anything with my hair either.

Marsha - Don't worry about the needles. I'll get some of what you want to you.

Tiffany - They're really easy to use. Let's say you've made a bun. All you really have to do then is screw them in in a place where you would normally stick in a bobby pin or a hair pin. When you want to remove it, unscrew it in the opposite direction. Three of them hold up a bun and two can hold up a French twist for me - and I have a lot of hair.

6:24 PM  
Blogger Diane Mandy said...

I dunno. THose hairscroos look pretty scary to me. :-)

8:09 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Those hair scroos look intimidating to me but I can barely blow dry my hair.

3:11 AM  
Blogger shot_z said...

Do I understand correctly you ordered the needles in US? Why and where? I'm a German living in America and can't find them here so I brought a stash from my last vacation....lol

10:29 PM  
Anonymous Chimney Cleaning Newport News said...

This was great too read

5:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home