Scrooed and Popped Dots
Scattered, unrelated happenings ahead. Here we go.
- Hair Scroos. Ohdearlord, how did I live before I found Hair Scroos? I didn't know where to find them but read somewhere online that they can be easily be found in Germany at all drugstores. In reality it seems that what was meant was all drugstores except the first two I went to looking for them. Third time was indeed the charm and I found them at my local Müllers. As you can see by looking at picture they appear fierce and tricky but in reality they're quite easy to use. The trick is to twist the hair you wish to have pinned up and then you simply screw in the Hair Scroos at strategic points to hold up your hair instead of using conventional hairpins. And since they screw in, the pins don't fall back out. I love them. I put my hair up all the time now. I'm running around my flat looking like a prissy schoolmarm with my hair up in a cute little bun one day and a chic French twist on another day. And yes, I do resemble a compound dwelling, poligamy marriage wife wearing Holly Hobbie's wardrobe when I French braid my hair and Hair Scroo the bottom of it underneath the upper part of the braid. No crazy aerodynamic bangs though.
- Did I learn my lesson last month and get my pair-a-month socks knitalong project finished in plenty of time? No I did not. I don't even have the heels knit on them yet and here it is the 22nd. I told y'all this was going to happen!
- I need some new double pointed needles. In reality I merely want them but perhaps if I say "need" instead of "want" enough then I'll be able to justify spending a tenner (plus shipping!) on two sets of dpns. The call of nickel-plated Harmony dpns is strong and my will is weak.
- Popcorn. You irresistible little minx, you.
- I'm not ashamed to say that while cooking supper tonight I danced around the kitchen while listening to Bixente, the iPod. And I thought using wooden spoons as drumsticks was a fairly inventive touch.