http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Lottie's Home

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Lottie's Home

Last fall when I went to Mississippi to visit my family my sock monkey, Lottie, came along for the trip. My friends adore her and she's gone home with friends to visit with them for a while.

The most recent visit was with my friend, Ashley, in North Carolina and I am happy to report that Lottie had all sorts of adventures including horseback riding and a parabolic flight.

Years ago it was common for fashionable young ladies to spend a year abroad with a beloved auntie and that's pretty much what Lottie's been up to. Finally it was time for Lottie to come home to me and Ashley asked how to get her here. I replied that she should tuck Lottie in a box and send her that way and while it was a perfectly logical answer, Ashley felt bad about putting Lottie in a box and trusting her to the US and German postal services. I'm more than half convinced that if she wasn't up to her neck in work Ashley would have bought a ticket to Germany and delivered her to my doorstep in person.

As it was, Ashley was truly the doting auntie and when Lottie arrived yesterday I found that Lottie had been supplied by Ash with her own custom made clothes.

Lottie arrived dressed in a smart-looking travel outfit:

Photobucket


Note the sweet little sock monkeys on her blouse and how the monkey in the center is lined up exactly on both sides of the blouse:

Photobucket


And her little twill trousers even have their own snap closure and teeny tiny zipper:

Photobucket


For more country-style outings Lottie has a pair of figure-flattering overalls and cotton blouse:

Photobucket


Note the decorative stitching on the straps - the same stitching can be found as well on the cuffs.

Photobucket


Lottie shows her American patriotism and sense of whimsical style with this fun summer dress:

Photobucket


And she's the picture of elegance in this ivory gown:

Photobucket

It's been over a year since Lottie's been home and I've missed her terribly. And now we may have to make a trip together to the Christmas market.

Labels:

3Comments:

Blogger BarefootCajun said...

How adorable! Welcome home, Lottie. Enjoy the holidays.

9:37 PM  
Blogger Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

I have no idea how I found you... around the world at the very least.

Anyone who is a friend of Lottie's is a friend of mine. I believe her cousin is in my bottom drawer (an older cousin at that)
Merry Christmas y'all!

1:49 AM  
Blogger AshleyUnwritten said...

I'm just crying here. I didn't know I would miss her so much until I saw these pictures! She looks adorable, just adorable. I'm so happy she's home.

I still have her flight suit, forgot to pack it. I'll send it to you, I'm sure she wants to have it for safekeeping!

I love you!

5:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home