http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Friday Shuffle - Baby's First Shuffle Edition

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Friday, January 16, 2009

Friday Shuffle - Baby's First Shuffle Edition

I've named him Fletcher.

Photobucket


For my birthday on Monday my wonderful husband has presented me with an red iPod nano and I feel pretty good about my decision to go with a nano instead of an iPod classic.

I thought at first that I'd pick the classic for the storage space and to use for data transfer but I know that I'd end up not really using it to its full capacity. I'd probably not use it to half capacity. We have already a 250 gig external hard drive and are likely going to buy another so that's what we use for backing up files and for data transfer. And while being able to carry around my whole iTunes library might be nice, I don't really want to do that. I don't watch video on my iPod, I don't tote around photos on my iPod and I simply don't want to carry around the complete works of Mozart on my iPod. Mozart can keep his ass at home.

The 16 gig nano seems to be more of what I want to use an iPod for. When I'm at home I listen to music straight from my computer. My iPod is for when I'm out shopping or on the streetcar or for when I'm exercising or when I'm in the kitchen. Sixteen gigs is more than enough space for me to load up a tremendous amount of songs and a few podcasts. And the size is just right. Slim and compact, he'll fit into just about any pocket. I'm not fond of lugging around with me a lot of stuff when I'm out so a portable size is just what I want.

And the cute factor. Did you see him? He's red! While it was very tempting to get the pink or purple nano (even the blue was quite tempting), I couldn't pass by the red. It's like red lipstick. Classic and beautiful and sure to be noticed.

Last night while watching There Will Be Blood I whipped out an iSock for Fletcher the iPod. I have so much scrap yarn I may be making a new one for him for each day of the month.

Photobucket


Photobucket


The screen on my old nano was so dinky that cover art wasn't of any real importance to me but with the larger screen and better resolution on Fletcher I knew I'd have to work on getting cover art for all the songs I have that are ripped from CDs. Lots I could get from iTunes but for more obscure things that weren't available I found the cover art from other sources and imported them to my iTunes. I can see having the correct cover art becoming an obsession with me.

So now that Fletcher the iPod has been tattooed (my husband had something engraved on Fletcher's back), received, loaded, cozied and now introduced to you, it's time for his most important function.

Time to shuffle.
  1. Long Cool Woman - The Hollies
  2. Since You Broke My Heart - The Everly Brothers
  3. Miniature Sun - XTC
  4. Houses Of The Holy - Led Zeppelin
  5. How Did We Get From Saying I Love You... - Great Big Sea
  6. Waiting Just For You - Blackmore's Night
  7. Let's Be Friends (Skin To Skin) - Bruce Springsteen
  8. Just A Memory - The Mavericks
  9. Beautiful Dream - Adam Ant
  10. Twist And Shout - The Beatles
He's new at the job but Fletcher already has the skill to shuffle up some of my all-time favorite musicians. I think he and I are going to get along beautifully for a long time to come.

Labels: ,

10Comments:

Blogger angie said...

Oh! That iSock is the cutest thing I have ever seen!! I want one for my cell phone! lol

9:26 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

I'll have to knit you up an orange cell phone cozy!

9:47 PM  
Blogger Jaxie Fantastic said...

LOVE the iSock idea! That's so cute! I have one of those hard plastic covers for my iPod Classic to protect it (a must have for me), but it's not nearly as cute as your iSock.

P.S. I love the word iSock.

10:32 PM  
Blogger Hilda said...

Fletcher is adorable!

I have to ask though, what did you do with Bixente?

6:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have his brother (as yet unnamed) in black. :D I almost had his other brother in the lime green but I'm trying to go from old and perky to old and elegant. Isn't that a happy shade of red, btw? Just lovely.

7:13 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Fletcher is beautiful! I love his red color.

7:14 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Jaxie - I was actually a little surprised that Fletcher didn't come with a cloth cover like Bixente did. The iSock was an easy knit - no pattern, just knit long enough and graft the end together.

Hilda - I have to keep admiring how adorable Fletcher is. He's named after my cousin Fletcher who was always a cute little sweetheart.

Bixente is going to be used for audio books for Burkhard. He shall not go to waste!

Lisa! I've been thinking about you and here you are! Email me and catch me up on your life dixiepch@gmail.com

I liked the green nano as well but I was powerless against the red. It's the perfect shade of red.

Katya - Fletcher truly is beautiful and boy, does he know it! :)

9:11 PM  
Blogger UmmFarouq said...

Congrats! May Fletcher live a long and prosperous podlife.

Thanks so much for your kind words yesterday. One day I feel we'll sit and share a cheese brotchen. :)

3:18 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

And we'll share some Bienenstich.

3:29 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

Happy Birthday. I hope you have had a wonderful day!

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home