http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Linky Love

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Linky Love

It's a holiday in Germany today and evidently Muse has taken the day off. A fancy way of saying that I have had a quieter than normal weekend and unless you want to hear more about me wrangling some yarn until it turns into a pair of socks, I ain't got nuttin' of my own for you.

But there are people out there with some good stuff so go check it all out.

Want some homemade gourmet treats made by a real gourmet? Poppy's got it for you. Folks she went to school to learn to do groovy cooking things so head on over to her brand-spankin'-new-we-ain't-even-scuffed-the-floors-yet Etsy shop and see what she's got to offer. And go back often because she'll be adding even more delectable goodies in the coming weeks.

I blame praise my friend, Carolyn, in Toronto for turning me on to Great Big Sea. Where have I been that I haven't been digging on these guys before? Oh yeah. In Germany where good music seems to get sucked into a black hole. I can hardly keep my butt off of YouTube for all my groovin' with these guys. And Alan Doyle is my new boyfriend.

Dear Fellow Sock Knitters (I didn't say that I wouldn't mention socks...just that I wouldn't mention my socks): This made my head explode into tiny, messy pieces. If you learn how to do this and show me proof that you did it, I'll send you a nickel and a PopTart.

If you're not reading Mimi Smartypants, you're missing out on great writing.

Click. Read. Listen. Watch. Marvel. Buy.

6Comments:

Blogger The DP said...

I. love. Great. Big. Sea.
My best friend is from Newfoundland! That is crazy! Going to crawl back under my stalker rock now and "Run run away"...

11:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Dix! That's the nicest thing anyone's done for me today. Yeah, I know that's not saying much, but it's still really sweet of ya. :)

1:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Listen, Kim dear. I'm not going to make fun of your new boyfriend...but is it just me or does he look like Jürgen Drews????

*hides*

no, seriously. of course a younger BETTER LOOKING version.

I saw that knitty article and IMMEDIATELY thought, yeah I can see myself doing this and then subsequently clawing my eyes out

I'm going to try it though. Only because I love to torture myself.

8:22 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Oh Belinda, I didn't even think before about him having hair like Jürgen Drews! You trying to turn me off to my new boyfriend? Heh!

Get those double knit socks done and I'm tellin' ya, I'm sending the nickel and the PopTart!

1:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Harumph. If I'd known that by turning you on to GBS I'd have more competition for *MY* boyfriend, I never would have done it! (Alan! I love you for what you are on the inside, not just for your fabulous hair! Besides, Dix loves Peter Frampton FAR more than she loves you!)

10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're on.

Lord knows I'll pretty much sell myself on a street corner for a poptart.

...or anything edible, actually.

*sigh* I love eating.

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home