http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Secret Slob

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Monday, September 18, 2006

Secret Slob

Remember last March when I met up with an American lady visiting Magdeburg? She and her husband are back in town and since Laura and I love to knit and love to chat, we'll be getting together during the day in the couple weeks she's here to do just that.

I've known for a couple weeks now that she'll be in Germany and have been anticipating this visit with great excitement. Laura's so fun to hang out with and we're going to be knitting socks with great abandon. Add in the good weather we've been having and it's likely we're going to get into all sorts of adventures.

The only drawback is that I've had a pissy cold for a few days now and my once tidy-for-company apartment is looking worse for wear because I can't seem to summon up the energy to get it back in shape. This means that before I meet up with Laura tomorrow I'll have to do one of those whirlwind tidy-ups so she doesn't think I'm a complete hairbrain with junk laying around. This also means that should Laura be reading this, she's just found out that I'm doing the stash-the-trash cleanup.

Laura, do yourself a favor dear. Don't open any doors anywhere in my home. God only knows what will fall out and clunk you on the head.

4Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

I so relate to this! A woman from work came over unexpectedly to give me a gift from people at work and I was so embarrassed because my house was such a mess -- you wouldn't believe what a mess it was. I made hubby and daughter clean it up when they got back but that still can't erase the picture of the mess from hell from my colleague's mind, I'm sure.

12:04 AM  
Blogger sari said...

At least you still won't have your tree up, since you moved you had to pack it!

You've got that going for you, anyway. ;-)

12:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always have that panic because my ultra tidy sister-in-law likes to drop by once in a while. Although, she's seen my flat at it's worst and still likes me soooo LOL

How fun for you to get to hang out with someone cool who ALSO knits! :D I live in a knitting black hole here in my town. No one even remotely close to my age knits. My city is like, 85% over the age of 85.

Hope you get to feeling better soon! Take zinc + vita C pills, it helps you get better faster :D *hugs*

8:14 AM  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

So sorry you've been under the weather, Dixie! UGH. But I'm glad Laura is gonna be with you for awhile to get your mind off things like how tidy your house is. That reminds me--I have 2 days to get my house in order once I get back to Atlanta before Dennis (soon to be SIL) sees it. If we knew that most people fret about the same thing, maybe we wouldn't worry about it?

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home