http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Completely unrelated things

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Monday, April 18, 2005

Completely unrelated things

We'll just start off the weeks with the bits and pieces of things going on around here.

1. Windows are washed! Window Washer Dude was here and now I am one very happy peach. Plus he hung screening in two of my windows for me. We asked him how much he wanted and I was expecting to pay 25€ like last time plus I was planning on paying more for hanging the screening but this time he only asked for 20€. I had figured 25 for the windows, 5 for the screen and I would give him a 10€ tip so that's what I gave him anyway. I mean there was no way I could pay that guy less for doing all that work.

2. The noisy ass people living above us have got to do something. I'm ready to kill them. The people on the fourth floor who live above them are pissed as well. A small example of what we're enduring: We were awakened at 5am with the man doing some grunting scream for a good 20 minutes. You know, the sort of scream that one makes when one is constipated. Take a laxative and shut the fuck up!

3. I'd started on a keyhole scarf done in moss stitch and realize that I don't have enough yarn to finish it. And I don't know when I'm going to get time to get more or even if the shop will have more of the same. Shit.

In the meantime I've started on another keyhole scarf done in eyelash yarn that's a mix of white, gray and black. Think this one will be for my mom.

4. I am strongly considering ordering Whipped Cream and Other Delights by Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass. The 40th anniversary edition will be released tomorrow.

Everyone had that album when I was a kid. Everyone I grew up with had parents with at least two or three Herb Alpert albums. It was what you slapped on the hi-fi when people came for a dinner party or barbecue. Yeah, I guess it can be considered sorta cheesy but then again I'm all about classic cheesy music. Plus I just grew up with that stuff and I learned to love it.

The Beatles, The BeeGees, Johnny Cash, Herb Alpert, The Rolling Stones, Tom Jones, Glen Campbell - they'd be on the soundtrack of my life during my first ten years.

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home