http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Interviews

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Interviews

Here's how it works:

1. If you want to participate, leave a comment below saying "interview me."
2. I will respond by asking you five questions -- each person's will be different.
3. You will update your journal/blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

Here are the questions I got from shaymo and my answers:

1. what (besides mayonnaise) do you miss the most about the u.s?
My family and friends. I never thought I could live thousands of miles from them but I've learned to adjust. And I miss Mississippi - the whole of the South, really. Miss how I share a heritage with them, miss the landscape, the culture, the food. I miss how people speak with a familiar accent and perspective.

2. what's your favorite animal?
The koala. They're my kind of animal. They hang around in trees, nap, eat and make little koalas - I can't beat that for a lifestyle. And they smell like big cough drops.

3. what's the most exciting thing you've ever done/seen?
There are a few things I could pick but one that jumps to mind is the first inaguration of Bill Clinton. I was down in the crowd and I remember there being such an electric feeling of hope and optimism.

4. what's the most outrageous thing you've ever done for love?
Quit my good, steady job, packed as many clothes and non-fragile belongings as I could get in five suitcases, left the rest of my things - computer, CDs, furniture, other clothes, home accessories, etc. - with my sister and I moved to Germany. I didn't speak more than a few words in German and I'd only spent a total of twelve days with my then boyfriend that I'd met online but I made the move anyway. And in two weeks we'll be celebrating our sixth wedding anniversary.

5. when you shower, do you sing?
Oh sure. Mostly showtunes and old standards. Today I was singing How About You?.

I like New York in June
How about you?
I like a Gershwin tune
How about you?...

7Comments:

Blogger zoe xx said...

Interview me sweetie!

11:20 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Okay -- interview me.

2:14 AM  
Blogger BarefootCajun said...

Ooooo, interview me, too. :-D

2:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i freakin' love these!

yeah, so even though i've been interviewed onceN (by someone else), will you interview me again? :)

3:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love these- its so neat reading how other people would answer!

8:42 PM  
Blogger Beege said...

Yay! Interview me! Pretty please?

5:22 AM  
Blogger Miz said...

Since I still haven't passed that tag along, I will do it.

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home