http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Clouds in my coffee

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Friday, August 12, 2005

Clouds in my coffee

We haven't strayed so far on our crazy Internet trip together that we're not but a stone's throw away from being back in Dullsville. I blame the shitty weather we're having. Yeah, y'all bitch about your hot summer - at least you're having a summer. I, on the other hand, have gone from winter straight into October with little glimpses of June thrown in just to tease the hell out of me.

Some glimpses into my lily-white, sun starved life...

1. Tonight around 6pm B and I were speaking with my mother on the phone. The doorbell rings and left B to chat with Mama while I answered the door.

You knew it was going to be Wolfgang at the door, didn't you?

I said hello and said "Hey, right now we're talking with my mom on the phone." and his response to my informing him that we were in the midst of a trans-fucking-atlantic phone call with my mother was to stroll right on down the hall and begin to talk to B.

2. I have a pair of prescription sunglasses just waiting for me to pick them up at the optician but not even the temptation of coupling a trip to the yarn store can convince me to go out into the pouring rain for that exercise in futility.

3. How shameful is it for me to admit that I've washed the same load of clothes three times before finally taking them out and hanging them to dry? I'd wash them, leave them in the washer for two days, wash them again because I'd suspect that even though it's cool out, the clothes have soured in the washer, leave them in the washer once again, rewash them.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

They were towels. Screw 'em. If they're funky smelling after they dry I'll pitch them. They're getting on the threadbare side anyway.

4. I want a week where my entire diet consists of pepperoni pizza, french fries and chocolate ice cream. Nice to know I still daydream the same as I did when I was four-years-old.

5. Yesterday while at my hairdressers (a most Steel Magnolias type of place minus having to endure listening to Olympia Dukakis do the worst Southern accent on record) while waiting for my hair coloring to do its thing and watching my hairdresser work on the hair of another customer with a blow dryer that sounded vaguely like a Harrier jump jet cranking up, I thought I could hear in the background the faint rumblings of bass on Carly Simon's You're So Vain and proceeded to sing the song in my mind. Halfway through the hairdryer shut off and I was rather tickled to find that I was right on cue with Carly when I could finally hear her voice.

...I had some dreams they were clowns in my pocket, clowns in my pocket and...

2Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AGAIN with the steel magnolias hatred. :)

5:56 AM  
Blogger Miz said...

Nice to see the peach icon!

7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home