http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Visiting knitting paradise

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Visiting knitting paradise

I'm on that new yarn high right now.

I had to go downtown to pick up my prescription sunglasses at the optician and since I was headed that direction anyway I rode a few streetcar stops farther and went to the new yarn store. A very nice place. The owner was sitting in the center of the room with a few other ladies and they were all knitting and chatting and it made me want to plunk myself right there next to them and join in. Instead though I picked out new yarn for my Aibhlinn cowl. Fire engine red yarn that's a 50% rayon 50% microfiber acrylic. It's very soft with a bit of give to it and the shop owner said it knits up nicely. I couldn't remember how much yarn the pattern calls for so I ended up buying nine skeins that are 105 meters each. That's either just right or way too much and either way will be okay with me.

As I am not one to wait patiently I came home and cast on and got started knitting. So far the bobble making has been easier than ever before. This yarn does have some give to it and I'm not struggling like I did with that stiff ass cotton.

If this turns out nicely I'll take it back to that shop and show it to the shop owner. When asking her about the yarn I was trying to tell her I was knitting a cowl but didn't know the word for cowl and ended up calling it a hood. She thinks I'm knitting a red hood. I'm surprised she didn't tell me to watch out for wolves.

Stay tuned for in progress photos.

1Comments:

Blogger BarefootCajun said...

Ooooooooo, that color sounds wonderful. We'll need pics soon. :-)

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home