http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: It was not meant to be

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

It was not meant to be

Within the span of 45 minutes I not only completely screwed up my Aibhlinn cowl but screwed up the Wavy scarf I was knitting for B (and had put down while I worked on the cowl).

Aibhlinn, I discovered, had a dropped stitch way on back and I had to unknit an ungodly amount to get back to it. Wasted effort because I suck at fixing dropped stitches and ended up fouling things up even more until I had a ladder of dropped stitches. Ten inches of swirling rib to be frogged.

To console myself (and because I was in the mood to knit) I picked up Wavy and while watching The Sopranos (note to self: No watching The Sopranos while knitting!) proceeded to twist up three stitches in such a way that I couldn't fix them. By this point I was so angry with myself I just yanked out the needles and started frogging.

I am, however, choosing to look at the bright side and have started Wavy again because B likes the tan yarn I was doing the cowl in. And I suspect that the yarn I was using for Aibhlinn is too stiff to give the cowl a nice drape so I'll restart it in a thin wool or nice cotton. Depends on what I find when I go this week to the new yarn store I want to check out.

And speaking of yarn stores, my darling buddy Lorrie sent me some yarn she bought last week. A yarn store near where she works was having a summer sale and she couldn't resist going in. Lorrie knows little to nothing about knitting but knew I'd love some lucious yarn and so she bought me some cashmere-marino blend wool and has sent it my way. Tell me my friends aren't wonderful to me! I can't wait to get that little wooly bit of confection and start something truly scruptious with it.

But carefully. I don't want to frog my cashmerino and wear it out.

4Comments:

Blogger BarefootCajun said...

Oh man, I hate it when that happens!

I'm truly enjoying the Wavy pattern. If E stays unemployed any length of time, folks are going to be getting a lot of Wavy scarves for Christmas.

That Lorrie - she's not so Evil after all. :-D

1:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have just recently picked my knitting back up after a decade, and I suck at it, I don't remember it being so hard, I've frogged everything I've done so far. I feel your pain Dix.

"That Lorrie - she's not so Evil after all." :-D I kid you not that's EXACTLY the thought I had when I read your post. Great minds think alike, eh Barefoot one.

3:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I AM evil..really. I AM. LOL

I can't wait until you get your cashmerino! I just love the word cashmerino too :-) Can you tell how I pick out yarn?

3:05 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Lorrie, I love how you pick out yarn! You have my full approval.

This is how I know that I love knitting. I can start projects over and over and screw them up or not like what yarn I used or whatever and I don't get discouraged. I just keep going because I like the process so much.

Mina, you'll be the same way, I'll bet.

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home