http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Friday Shuffle - Olympics Are Starting Editon

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Friday, February 10, 2006

Friday Shuffle - Olympics Are Starting Editon

The Winter Olympics don't actually have anything to do with this shuffle except for the fact that they're on in the background. And the athletes are shuffling in.
  1. Mein Teil - Rammstein
  2. What I Like About You - The Romantics
  3. Hey Joe - Jimi Hendrix
  4. Beverly Hills - Weezer
  5. Blue Orchid - The White Stripes
  6. Sick and Tired - Anastacia
  7. Cheap Sunglasses - ZZ Top
  8. You Were Right - Badly Drawn Boy
  9. Beyond the Sea - Bobby Darin
  10. Coat of Many Colors - Dolly Parton
Get to shuffling too. It'll help keep you warm.

On with other events...

~ I begin in just a few more moments my project for the Knitting Olympics. I did a little swatching today but I didn't break a sweat doing it. I feel pretty confident that I can get the project completed in the next sixteen days but I'm pretty sure I'm going to be pushed to my limit. Sort of like the Greek curling team.

~ Hmm. I was pretty sure Alberto Tomba was going to light the Olympic torch but he just carried the flame into the stadium. They have to do that relay, pass-it-on-to-prominent-athletes thing just to keep you in torch lighting suspense until the last second. Turns out it was lit by Stefania Belmondo. That sound you hear is millions of people saying "Who's Stefania Belmondo?" and then furiously Googling the answer. She's a skiier.

Torch is lit. I need to cast on and get to knitting. Y'all groove on your weekends and I'll check in as often as my Jamaican Bobsled Team knitting will allow.

7Comments:

Blogger christina said...

Greece has a curling team?? Who knew.

12:26 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Oh yeah. They were on Stern TV last week. They played against a team from RTL and they lost. How embarrassing would that be to lose against a TV network?

12:54 AM  
Blogger Mikki Marshall said...

Oh my gosh I totally did not know that the Olympics was starting tonight.
Okay, I have turned on the TV and they are all marching into the arena to the tune of "funky town"... that's what I'm talked about.

4:13 AM  
Blogger Mimey said...

A good shuffle, I think. Starting with my second favourite band helps. One of my first favourite Hendrix tracks too.

I'm not sure, are the winter olympics worth getting excited about? What's the best sport? I ice skated inelegantly in my youth, so maybe that's a good place to build an interest.

Good luck with the clack clack clack.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

I don't know if you could call the Olympics a big deal over here compared to other countries but there's an interest here because Germany tends to do pretty well in both winter and summer Olympics. They focus on German athletes but I don't think they do it to the same extent as they do in the US.

The games are shown here on the government owned stations so there's not the same need to pull ratings and so they show a lot more diverse sports. In the US you pretty much get ice skating and skiing and ice hockey - pretty much the events the US does well in and that's it.

9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BBC coverage is a-okay. I watched a Dutch girl win at long track speed skating last night, upsetting the top-seated Canadian and German women.

"Coat of Many Colors" is such a lovely song.

2:06 PM  
Blogger zoe xx said...

Just wanted to let you know that Mr A Davies has acquired the Kinder Egg habit this weekend!

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home