http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Flotsam

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Flotsam

It's a slow week around here so let's fall back on a blogging crutch favorite - the bulleted list!
  • My sister and her family will be here in ten days. I plan on procrastinating for nine of them and using the tenth to panic and do all the last minute cleaning. I mean I really can't enjoy a visit from my family unless I've been awake in the wee hours of the morning cleaning my oven.
  • Remember my balcony window that broke on Good Friday? It's still broken. Phone calls have been made back and forth and I still don't have any date as to when someone will come and replace the window. I imagine they're going to wait until the tenth day as well because my panic threshold will not be high enough on that day to suit them.
  • I've figured out that the tree that's outside of my kitchen window isn't an oak after all. It's a linden tree. It all fell into place when I walked outside one day and smelled it blooming. I hope heaven smells like linden trees in bloom.
  • B's uncle is having his birthday while my sister is in town. On that day I need to drive my MIL to his house for the celebration. While this would ordinarly annoy me a little I'm rather looking forward to it so my sister can come with us. I can't wait for her to say "Holy crap! We've hit the tacky decor jackpot!".
  • She said pretty much the same thing the first time we visited Graceland back in 1985.
  • Eating fish and then an hour later eating chocolate Riesen will make you throw up. Just trust me on that one.
  • I have 2 pair of 3mm circular needles. I have sock yarn. Belinda has given me a great link for learning how to knit socks on 2 circs. I can do this, right? I'm not so dopey than I can't learn to knit socks on 2 circs, right?
That's all for today. Maybe I'll have pictures tomorrow.

7Comments:

Blogger sari said...

I've been meaning to give you this link: http://www.yarnrescue.com/index.php?main_page=index

I googled "Big Green Monster" and got this site, they have "monster" knitting needles which are kind of funny.

I'm going to have to find out what a linden tree smells like!

11:45 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Those monster knitting needles are a scream!

11:51 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Well I have to take the family back to the airport on June 11. I can pick you and Mrs. Fab up at the same time. :)

2:25 AM  
Blogger Haddock said...

Fish & chocolate! - what were you thinking! :)

8:19 AM  
Blogger melusina said...

You can't ever mix fish and chocolate, as my brother proved to my whole family many, many years ago. Ewwww.

I wish my family was coming for a visit. Well, I have a friend visiting in a month. Good enough I suppose!

7:32 PM  
Blogger Mimey said...

Mmm. Linden blossom. A gorgeous aroma.

But the sap can be a nightmare. I believe they based the corrosive alien blood from the Alien films on the gunk that oozes from linden trees.

word veri says jewuthln, is this some kind of triatholon for people of a Jewish persuasion. I like it. Hope there's not too much running, though.

7:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Circ. needle sock link, bitte? I've had it with the original dpns method.

3:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home