http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Friday Shuffle - Relaxation Edition

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Friday, May 05, 2006

Friday Shuffle - Relaxation Edition

Do you know of a better way to start a relaxing weekend than with a good shuffle? I know I don't.
  • Turn on that music player.
  • Set to shuffle.
  • Tell the first ten it gives.
Easy? You bet.
  1. Racing In The Street - Bruce Springsteen
  2. Seven Year Ache - Rosanne Cash
  3. Angel - Dave Matthews Band
  4. Somebody Told Me - Killers
  5. Jack Ass Ginger - Poi Dog Pondering
  6. (The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes - Elvis Costello
  7. Lift Me Up - Moby
  8. Feel Good Inc. - Gorillaz
  9. Fist City - Loretta Lynn
  10. Across The Universe - The Beatles
Now you do it too.

And to tidy things up before the week ends...

~ While driving home from the grocery store this afternoon I waited at a light to turn left and a lady, a nun actually, was standing to my left waiting to cross the street. Nina Simone singing Ain't Got No/I Got Life (Groovefinder remix) was on the radio a touch loud and as I waited I could see the nun's head nod in time with the music and she called out to me "Sounds good!".

Don't you love a hip nun?

~ The third season of Gilmore Girls on DVD arrived today and I was actually available to answer the door to take the package. Ready the popcorn and Coke - we're havin' a Stars Hollow orgy 'round here this weekend!

~ What do you want to bet that sometime in the next thirty days someone comes to my blog after having Googled "stars hollow orgy"?

~ I miss diet gingerale.

~ A friend is coming by tomorrow afternoon to help me put B in his wheelchair. Even if it's cloudy or rainy tomorrow, we're going out. I can't pass up help when it volunteers itself. Maybe I can get some pictures as well.

Y'all enjoy exactly the sort of weekend you wish to have.

11Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Dixie - I'd totally say the friday shuffle is great. BUT...I don't have a cd player that shuffles? So what do I do? Well I guess I'll wait and buy one or use an ipod or something like that. ;-) I vow to get my stereo back once I'm fully called a landed immigrant.

12:02 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Oh I use either my iPod or just the MP3 files in my computer to Friday Shuffle.

That is a pretty satisfying shuffle, isn't it?

12:31 AM  
Blogger melusina said...

I don't have a shuffler either. This is a no iPod household. We are behind the times.

I miss ginger ale too, especially when I have a tummyache. And boy, I miss root beer!

1:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A nun who digs one of my all-time favorite songs - especially that one - could damn near make me convert.

4:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forgot to mention ...

To those without portable MP3 players, you can still download iTunes (itunes.com) for free and use it to play MP3s on your computer. I did my Friday shuffles in that manner for a year. Besides, it's a fabbo program for organizing and playing your music digitally. For free!

4:35 AM  
Blogger christina said...

No iPod - the only thing I shuffle are my feet. :-O

We have a family friend who is a Catholic nun - my dad grew up with her in Austria but she has sinced lived in many, many countries and now makes her home in Rome and she is SO cool. I'll have to tell you all about her some time.

And I miss diet ginger ale toooooo!!

5:42 PM  
Blogger The DP said...

i want a weekend where Nice Husband decides once and for all to take me on a mini-break.
Lemme look and see if I find diet ginger ale in Switzerland, I actually think I have seen it.

6:10 PM  
Blogger zoe xx said...

I really really need to get into the shuffle thing. I don't know how to do it on the laptop, and I don't own an i-pod.

How effin fantastic is Feelgood inc.? It is my favourite Gorrilaz track, and I just love Damon Albarn's voice - but it's the guitar bit that gets me every time (I am a sucker for a jingle jangle - "William it was really nothing" by The Smiths anyone??) - I even like the rap bit, as it is appropriate...

Have a good weekend, my friend!

9:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Diet Gingerale and Diet Root Beer. Sniff. Miss them both. Hope you two had a lovely weekend. The weather was great here.

2:45 PM  
Blogger JT said...

Awesome shuffle, sweetie!

I totally heart Roseanne Cash and I am not ashamed to admit that I had a major crush on her when I was a teenager.

I also dig groovy nuns... even though I converted to Judaism.

3:25 PM  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

The next time we're in Hannover together (in 2 weeks), I'm gonna get Donica to shuffle her iPod. She has some incredible songs on it and I think how if "falls" would be so cool to see--kinda like opening a Kinder egg!

I worked in a psychiatric hospital run by the Sisters of Mercy years ago and LOVED the many neat nuns I met.

2:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home