http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Friday Shuffle - Nothing Special Edition

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Friday, May 19, 2006

Friday Shuffle - Nothing Special Edition

Hey. Who pulled the plug on my warm, near-summerlike weather? It's cloudy and chilly outside. Chilly and, dare I say it?, blustery.

Ever looking to the positive, I'm seeing the weather setback as an opportunity to get down to brass tacks as far as getting things ready for my sister's visit and to take some time to relax before I have two weeks of hectic. That being the case, I don't have anything in particular planned for the weekend - just some cleaning and some organizing and lots of knitting and relaxing. Nothing special before the really special gets started.

Time for a shuffle.
  1. Rosealia - Better Than Ezra
  2. Come On Eileen - Dexy's Midnight Runners
  3. Girl, You'll Be A Woman Soon - Urge Overkill
  4. Angel of Harlem - U2
  5. Paint It Black - The Rolling Stones
  6. Hello Operator - The White Stripes
  7. Stolen Car - Bruce Springsteen
  8. Van Lear Rose - Loretta Lynn
  9. Avalon - Blackmore's Night
  10. Are You Gonna Go My Way - Lenny Kravitz
Y'all dig on lots and lots of special stuff this weekend.

8Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, I see my friend needs some ego stroking ;)

Now I've got "Come on Eileen" going through my head and a dangerous craving for a Peach Milkshake.

Have a great weekend!!

10:18 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

You introduced me to Blackmore's Night and I downloaded the one album from iTunes. Today I went looking for more -- now even the one I downloaded isn't there!

11:28 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Wow Katya. Wonder what's up with that?

11:31 PM  
Blogger Marshamlow said...

Have a great weekend! Hopefully more fun stuff than cleaning. I am so excited for you that your sister is coming. I love to see family.

3:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a damn good shuffle! And one of my favorite U2 songs to boot. I listened to that one repeatedly when I was in labor.

3:37 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

I don't know -- it's weird. There's only one cd in the music store as well.

I love Urge Overkill's version of Girl, You'll be a Woman Soon.

How is your weekend going so far?

10:36 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

It's been good! I've been stinkingly lazy!

I always get my Blackmore's Night CDs from Amazon.com. No trying to hunt for them here and there.

11:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ms. Dixie.
When I read your profile, I was glad because I had FOUND “Led Zeppelin”.
I love Led Zeppelin. Especially, “Stair way to heaven.”
And, today, I was too glad because I had FOUND “Lenny Krabitz”.
I got the ticket of his Japan performance four years ago. But it has been called off for his sickness. And that, TWICE!! I could not believe it. Mmmmm. However, I like his music; still. ;)
♪Have a nice weekend♪

Sincerely
Nori

6:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home