http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Schmeme

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Schmeme

Taken from Kara. I mean it. Put visiting her blog on your "to do" list.

Comment and I shall give you a letter. Go back to your site, and write ten words beginning with that letter, including an explanation what the word means to you and why.

Kara has bestowed upon me the letter S.

1. Shit - and its German brother, Scheisse. As is Heisse Scheisse. As much as I try to shun this word, it's a favorite. Fits so many situations and it has the advantage of being able to be said in a variety of ways.

2. Soccer - Likely I should call it football or Fussball but I can't seem to get the habit so my favorite sport to watch will continue to be called soccer by me. I love baseball and have since I was a child but it's nearly impossible for me to follow over here and so I adopted soccer as my substitute sport. Now I watch it more often than I ever did baseball and I believe I understand it more fully than I ever did baseball.

3. Sleep - I'd like to try getting more than 5 or 6 hours a night but I just can't stop living on US central time. The upside is I never get jet lag when I travel back home.

4. Satellite - Bless the people who developed them. They're what allows me to call Mississippi for less than 2 cents a minute.

5. Self - The older I get, the more I like her.

6. Siblings - I'm glad I can love and appreciate them more now that I'm an adult. Growing up I wanted to box them up and shove them out to sea.

7. Sugar - My crack. The monkey on my back. My worst addiction.

8. Symmetry - All of my ideas about what is beautiful begin with the symmetrical. I'm sure it has something to do with that "color within the lines" part of my personality.

9. Silk - Beautiful to wear, tricky for me to knit with.

10. Salsa - Chips' better half.

Let me know if you want to play too.

18Comments:

Blogger JT said...

Yea!!! I wanna play =)

10:35 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Jake - you get the letter L.

11:20 PM  
Blogger Marshamlow said...

Me too! I wanna play.

11:21 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Marsha - see what you can do with the letter C.

11:27 PM  
Blogger JT said...

Criminy! I didn't think I'd be able to come up with 10 words but I did! Thanks, sweetie!

12:28 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Well...I knew L would be perfect for you.

1:40 AM  
Blogger Mimey said...

What a lovely meme!

1:55 PM  
Blogger christina said...

OK, OK, I've procrastinated long enough. Please give me a letter too!

12:19 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Ahhhh Christina...you get a special twist. I'll give you a letter, you give me the word in German and the definition in English.

I'll give you N. At least I didn't give you Y...heh!

2:03 AM  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

Aww. How fun. I especially like your #5: Self. Good for you :)

2:25 AM  
Blogger sari said...

I'm game, what letter do I get?

11:10 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Sari, you shall give me ten words starting with the letter F.

1:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll play! Me, too, me, too!

P.S. If I seem to have been neglectful lately of my own blog and of my blog roll... I beg forgiveness based on the fact that by this time next week I will have a DEEEGREEEEE!!!! I finished something, I finished something!

4:39 AM  
Blogger Mimey said...

Ok I'll beg, can I have a letter please.

I'll be everso careful with it.

7:18 PM  
Blogger The DP said...

i just asked Mausi for a letter before I realized you had done this too. I think it was the German she did that made me block. But in a good way.

7:29 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Katy - You're finishing school! I'm so proud of you!

Now show me how smart you are. Give me ten words starting with the letter D.

Jemima - I think the letter that suits you best would be the letter H.

cncz - I'll be looking forward to what you come up with for the letter Christina gives you.

9:30 PM  
Blogger sari said...

Holy COW blogger is slow right now!!

F is for Finished! :-)

11:18 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Lisa, you can play if you want! Give me ten words starting with the letter R.

1:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home