http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Friday Shuffle - Meme Edition

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Friday, April 28, 2006

Friday Shuffle - Meme Edition

As seen on both Poppy and Kara's blogs.

By the way, if they're not on your daily blog reading list, they should be. Poppy takes the idea of mommy blogging and turns it on its head - there's nothing ordinary or dull about her life and if there is, she tells about it in a way that makes you think otherwise. Plus her daughter is not only adorable but a genius.

I think of Kara's blog as being the blogging version of the Mary Tyler Moore show. Clever, single working woman and her adventures in life. Her writing is witty and heartfelt and smart.

Put your music player on shuffle.
Press forward for each question.
Use the song title as the answer to the question even if it doesn't make sense.


1. How am I feeling today? Never My Love - The Association
2. Will I get far in life? Where You Lead - Carole King
3. How do my friends see me? Loving You - The Mavericks
4. Where will I get married? Needles and Pins - The Searchers
5. What is my best friend? Rad Gumbo - Little Feat
6. What is the story of my life? Take A Chance On Me - ABBA
7. What was high school like? Killer Queen - Queen
8. How can I get ahead in life? Angels - BoDeans
9. What is the best thing about me? You'll Never Know - Bette Midler
10. What is today going to be like? All Over You - Live
11. What is in store for this weekend? I'll Follow The Sun - The Beatles
12. What song describes my parents? Kiss - Dean Martin
13. To describe my grandparents? Seven Turns - Allman Brothers Band
14. How is my life going? Would You Believe? - The Mavericks
15. What song will they play at my funeral? I Believe - Diamond Rio I got chills when that song shuffled up for this question.
16. How does the world see me? Serenade in Blue - Glenn Miller Orchestra
17. Will I have a happy life? Get Dancin' - Disco Tex and the Sex-O-Lettes Does it get happier than that?
18. What do my friends really think of me? Porcelain - Better Than Ezra
19. Do people secretly lust after me? Words Of Love - The Beatles *sigh*
20. How can I make myself happy? Deutschland - Die Prinzen Looks like I'm living here for the long haul.
21. What should I do with my life? A Little Less Conversation - Elvis Presley
22. Will I ever have children? Die Letzte Version - Herbert Grönemeyer Fitting. It translates to "The Last Version".
23. What is some good advice for me? Knoxville Girl - The Lemonheads I assume the advice is not to walk along the river with a homicidal sociopath.
24. How will I be remembered? Woman - John Lennon
25. What is my signature dancing song? Tuxedo Junction - Glenn Miller Orchestra Wheeee! Yes!
26. What is my current theme song? American Idiot - Green Day
27. What does everyone else thing my current theme song is? Daysleeper - REM

Rock out on the weekend, folks.

3Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks, dix! if there's a 70s tv show i'm gonna be compared to, i'm glad it was mary tyler moore. :)

3:52 AM  
Blogger Mikki Marshall said...

You had some great chance pickes! My favorite being #21...hahaha!

5:39 PM  
Blogger Mikki Marshall said...

Hey, how come I said "picks" and my computer typed "pickes"? What's up with that?

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home