http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Consistant

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Consistant

Today I tackled the job of getting carpet for my balcony and geraniums for my balcony's flower boxes. When buying the boxes and hooks last week one of the sales people told me that the carpet I wanted would be 4€ per square meter cheaper this week and they would have geraniums for 59 cents a piece as well so I went out early this morning to make sure I got in on the plants before they became picked over.

I had it planned to get the geraniums planted when my MIL came over this afternoon to help me and in preparation I wanted to assemble the hook system for the flower boxes. It seemed simple enough - there are two hooks per box and each hook consists of three parts that are screwed together in various formations to fit one's particular flower box and balcony/window railing.

I assembled one part of the hooks for a flower box and then went out onto the balcony to screw on the last piece that goes onto the balcony rail itself. I had the screws and wingnuts in my jeans pocket and the pieces of the hooks in my hands and as I was just nearing the rail of the balcony B called out "Be careful!".

It was at that moment that I dropped one section of the hooks and as it hit the balcony floor it managed to bounce through the one inch gap between the floor and the front wall of the balcony into no-man's-land.

You knew that was coming, didn't you?

10Comments:

Blogger sari said...

I can't wait to see a picture of your patio when you're done!! Find that camera! :-)

10:52 PM  
Blogger JT said...

Oh, honey. What am I gonna do with you???

4:49 AM  
Blogger Marshamlow said...

I am having the same type of thing happen to me this week. Everything I touch seems to turn to crap or fall apart. Maybe there is some sort of Virus in Blogger. Ha. Hope your luck turns around, and B stops telling you to be careful.

5:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

With my tendency to accidentally shower with clothes on, get caught naked by workmen and have my bra fall off in public you and I would totally be in the "oh crap, it's happened again" category of unfortunate people.

7:04 AM  
Blogger christina said...

Oh oh oh. I'm not laughing, no I'm not, because if I do, the very same thing will happen to me. And chance of getting a strong magnet and a long string and trying your luck at retreiving those lost articles?

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see it!!

1:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So did you get a new tape measure? Maybe it is a giant conspiracy to get you to keep going to the store

3:16 PM  
Blogger Mahala said...

*snort* I did lol.

6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Below Kim's patio was just named one of the most hazardous places to live in Germany.

Bless your heart!
M

8:55 PM  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

I am really trying to stifle a laugh, Dixie. I think you and B need to have an agreement that every time you head out to the balcony, he doesn't say a word!

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home