http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: I Like Meme-ing

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Saturday, May 20, 2006

I Like Meme-ing

...'cause meme-ing can make you mine.

Sari may get that bit of parody.

Anyway, Zoe has tagged me with the I Meme. What can I tell you about Zoe other than the fact that she's wonderfully sweet and I'd give a lot to give her a big hug? I just adore her. And she and I are Liverpool fans. Drop by her blog and meet her.

I am...content with my life. I can't think of too many things I would change that would make my life happier.

I want...to be able to travel more. I would like visit England again (and hopefully see friends there) and visit B's cousins in Australia and of course I'd love to visit my family and friends in America more often.

I wish...B weren't paralyzed even if it were for just one day. For just one hour. I'd love for him to have the freedom of movement again.

I hate...that my mother has Alzheimer's disease. I hate what it puts her through.

I miss...my hometown but I mostly miss the people there.

I fear...dying before B. No one would take care of him.

I hear...the Eurovision Song Contest show in the background. Most of it's pretty dreadful but I like the Norwegian chick and I think the German entry this year is pretty good. Note to the band from Finland: All the prosthetic makeup in the world won't make up for the fact that you have absolutely no talent. Oh, and Macedonia? Aren't you an ancient land? I mean hasn't Macedonia been around for umpteen thousand years? Are y'all so insecure in your national identity that you still insist on telling the world in your official name that you're a former republic of Yugoslavia? Do you see the US calling themselves Former British Colony United States of America? Just be Macedonia. You can do it.

I wonder...if my sister and I can sneak into B's uncle's secret book room while we're there visiting.

I regret...not taking better care of my body when I was younger. It's way harder to break bad habits now.

I am not...ever sorry for one minute that we moved away from our old apartment.

I dance...somewhat like Davy Jones during the musical parts of The Monkees...lots of from-the-hips-up movement and more limited foot stuff.

I sing...every time I'm in the car. Singing in the car never ever fails to make me happy.

I cry...at virtually everything that's even remotely touching. I used to hold it back a lot but I just let it go now.

I am not always...as patient as I should be. I need to learn to take a moment before reacting.

I make with my hands...lots of knitting.

I write...nearly every day. Letters, email, blog entries, lists...I love words.

I confuse...my husband when I talk too fast in a too excited manner.

I need...to wash my windows before my sister arrives or she'll end up doing it for me because she can never sit still. On second thought...

I should...take more alone time for myself.

I start...every knitting project at least three times before I get going on it good.

I finish...nachos with much too much ease.

I tag...Brandi because else the universe will collapse. And I'll tag Miz and Katy and anyone else who'd like to play along.

9Comments:

Blogger Mimey said...

Beautiful and moving answers. I'd do this tag immediately, if I hadn't already.

Happy weekend xxx

1:05 AM  
Blogger JT said...

This is just beautiful, sweetie. My dad is beginning to exhibit signs of Alzheimers too, which is making it more difficult for me to re-connect with him.

I hope you don't mind if I swipe this mem for my bog too.

Your Boo loves you, and B too.

6:23 PM  
Blogger JT said...

I am... a really crappy typist when I get all misted up.

7:30 PM  
Blogger melusina said...

I'm so glad to see that someone else cries at anything remotely touching. I do too, and I always feel so silly.

And I'm glad you liked the Norwegian song too! I think it is really lovely. And I thought the Germans made some pretty good country music. And as for FYROM calling themselves Macedonia, well, that is a political issue. They think they should be called Macedonia, and in the process of being called Macedonia, that they also will in turn get the northern half of Greece (which was part of ancient Macedonia). The Greeks aren't too happy with them calling themselves Macedonia or jonesing on their property. Therein lies the rub. Its always so messy. I wish I could just rename every country in the world myself. It would be fun.

11:21 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

That was beautiful to read, especially the parts about B.

1:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your memes are the best Dixie! :) I would so love to meet you sometime. We can knit and talk with funny southern accents. Well, whatever is left of mine since leaving Texas.

I'm going to do this meme in here....makes for a long comment, but you know how I get lol.

I am...a chronic worrier

I want...my father in law to get better and come home from the hospital.

I wish...I had finished college

I hate...that sometimes the worst stuff happens to the best people.

I miss...being a carefree 5 year old.

I fear...losing the people I love.

I hear...Michael Buble

I wonder...if I will ever truly get my life together.

I regret...(same as your one actually)

I am not...as hardassy as I sometimes pretend to be.

I dance...anywhere and everywhere. It's actually quite a reflex.

I sing...pretty much anywhere I dance.

I cry...everytime I hear Luther Vandross' "Dance With My Father".

I am not always...as truthful as I should be.

I make with my hands...(same as you lol)

I write...in English as a way to keep my mind from collapsing in on itself with all the German I've been absorbing.

I confuse...very, very easily.

I need...to finish what I start.

I should...go to the gym more.

I start...new projects and lose interest very easily.

I finish...this meme! go me :D

8:50 AM  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

It never fails, Dixie--I keep learning so many wonderful, new things about you through your posts, memes or no memes! You are a very special, gifted woman. I love how the Universe chose YOU for the life you live with B.

4:26 PM  
Blogger sari said...

..."I like dreaming, closing my eyes, and feeling fine...when the lights go down, I'm holding you so tight. Got you in my arms, and it's paradise, till the morning light."

Ahh...Kenny Nolan. 1976 - I was ten years old and sadly, still have the lyrics firmly etched in my brain. How do I have room for things like phone numbers with all this crap still in my mind??? :-)

8:40 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Yikes! I didn't mean to make y'all misty!

Sari...I knew it. I knew you'd get the reference right away. :)

Love how we have some of the same answers, Belinda.

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home