http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Lull

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Lull

As I recall, about this time last year I was a regular commuter on the highway to Dullsville. How is it that in the summer when there's so much going on I have little to write about?

Well as it is I'm in my Ennuimobile and we're headed down the Uneventful Highway with a bulleted list.
  • I'm still working on my Cozy wrap as part of my Amazing Lace projects but for the time being I've given up on designing my own wrap. I just haven't as yet hit on the right combination of pattern, yarn and my skill level to do something decent. I still need more lace practice (and in this heat the only thing I can fathom knitting would be either lace or socks and I can't knit socks) so I grabbed a pair of needles and some leftover merino wool and started the Branching Out scarf from Knitty. This way I get lace practice on a project that goes more quickly than a wrap.
  • Natreen ice cream tastes like feet.
  • Thank God and all His chubby little angels. Germany finally made a goal against Poland. And it's offical. I normally can't stand Oliver Neuville but I will never say another bad thing about him again. He can't be my boyfriend though.
You know, you'd think some of my favorite thing - knitting, ice cream and soccer - would add up to a bit more than this.

8Comments:

Blogger Shark-Fu said...

A bitch hopes to one day knit...it seems so relaxing.

As to soccer, a bitch is all about it now! World Cup coverage is a blast and a half, even though I don't understand any of the rules!

And ice cream...yum.

Shit, now I'm hungry.

11:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Natreen ice cream tastes like feet? What flavor? Ice cream, I mean. Me don' want no feet.

11:57 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

The vanilla ice cream bars with the chocolate coating is not so bad but the chocolate/vanilla/strawberry sandwich ones? No kidding - the chocolate flavor part tastes like feet.

I normally get the Dr. Oetker ice cream for diabetics (it's very good!) but Kaufland doesn't carry it so I got the Natreen. I'm going in search of Dr. Oetker tomorrow.

ABB - Keep watching the World Cup coverage. You'll soon learn the rules and have fun at the same time!

12:23 AM  
Blogger JT said...

Sweetie, when's the last time you tasted feet? And whose feet does that particular ice cream taste like? Do I even want to know?

I'm reminded of the Thanksgiving episode of "Friends" when Rachel made the trifle/shepard's pie and Ross said that it tasted like feet. Is that it? Does it taste like Rachel Green made it?

1:21 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Ice cream that tastes like feet -- I think I'll steer away from that.

1:34 AM  
Blogger Miz said...

You new balcony must be a nice place for knitting and feet flavored icecream. Is there room for B's chair too?

5:58 AM  
Blogger Clover said...

Dix - I just found this. (Ok, I will admit I'm sort of new to this whole Blog thing. So it's not like I R dumb and couldn't have found you sooner probably. But I did just find this.)

Anyhoo - hello! It's good to read you again. I miss you!

~Rio

7:18 AM  
Blogger Haddock said...

It was a good game, and looked like Germany would never score. Very glad they did, it was excitement city at our place! :)

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home