http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Friday Shuffle - V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N Edition

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Friday, May 26, 2006

Friday Shuffle - V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N Edition

Nothing announces that it's time for a vacation better than an ancient Connie Francis song, eh?

I'd like to say that I'm in a full tilt frenzy getting ready for my sister and her family to arrive on Sunday afternoon but I'm not. There's not all that much left to get finished and I do like a little last minute pressure on me anyway. I'm just a more efficient worker when I'm under the gun.

The weather doesn't look like it'll be cooperating with us at least for the first week of their visit. It was perfect the last time they visited three years ago but we're not having that much luck this time around. I'm afraid that the weather will suck so much that they'll not want to come back to visit anytime soon.

Don't get worried if you don't see much of me for the next two weeks. I'm going to be too busy grooving on my family and taking a little break from everything.

So let's shuffle one more time before I take a pause...
  1. Fill My Little World - The Feeling
  2. Mother & Child Reunion - Paul Simon
  3. On The Other Hand - Randy Travis
  4. Heard It In A Love Song - Marshall Tucker Band
  5. La Camisa Negra - Juanes
  6. Your Cheatin' Heart - Hank Williams
  7. Hip Teens Don't Wear Blue Jeans - Frank Popp Ensemble
  8. Beautiful Day - U2
  9. I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor - Arctic Monkeys
  10. Snow (Hey Oh) - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Y'all dig on that shuffle for a couple weeks and after Sunday I'll check in when time allows.

5Comments:

Blogger Marshamlow said...

I will miss you, but I am so excited for you. Now I have, It's a beautiful day, in my head.

1:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim have an awesome time with your Southern clan :D While your blog is on pause during their visit I've endevoured to knit that lacy item i've been avoiding. Perhaps it'll even be done by the time you get back.

ok that made me laugh out loud.

may the sun shine over casa peach! :D

11:34 AM  
Blogger Mimey said...

Enjoy living a little back in the real world, hope it's all wonderful and joyous, but don't forget to tell us all about it when you get back to unreality.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Maria said...

Have a faboulous two weeks, Dix! *mwah*

4:08 PM  
Blogger christina said...

Hope you have a great time with your family, Dixie! Only a couple more months until I get to see my Vancouver family so I know just how you must be feeling right now.

11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home