http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Friday Shuffle - Sleep Deprivation Edition

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Friday, July 28, 2006

Friday Shuffle - Sleep Deprivation Edition

The inability to sleep more than two hours at a time with stretches of sweltering wakefulness that lasts for hours has left me semi-cranky. Understandble, I'm sure, but it has me being irked at rather petty things.

Example:

There are two types of people who shouldn't be allowed in grocery stores. The first would be people who cannot seem to walk behind their basket without being slumped over the handle, shuffling aimlessly through the aisles, usually directly in the middle. They strongly remind me of my ex-husband who used to drive my Jeep with his arms thrown up over the top of the steering wheel, his back all hunched over. I kid you not, it's one of the reasons I divorced him. A minor reason, but it was on the list! The second would be people who allow their small children to push the basket and thus having them bang it repeatedly into my own, into the backs of my legs or parking the basket in an awkward angle blocking up the whole aisle while mommy studies a display of the same brand of mustard and she doesn't seem to be able to decide which God blessed jar to pick up.

But we've had a bit of rain early this evening and I'm anticipating a more restful night so let's shuffle. And a shuffle is about as much speed as I can work up at the moment - I'm so tired I wouldn't walk across the room if the cure for my exhaustion were there waiting for me.
  1. Someday Someway - Marshall Crenshaw
  2. Again Someday - Blackmore's Night
  3. Cherish - Association
  4. Little Brown Jug - Glenn Miller Orchestra
  5. Run - Snow Patrol (Hey Shuffle - no one likes a smartass.)
  6. In My Dreams - The Mavericks (Damn tease.)
  7. Whenever You're On My Mind - Marshall Crenshaw
  8. Welcome To Paradise - Green Day
  9. Alt wie ein Baum - The Puhdys
  10. Whatever Gets You Through The Night - John Lennon & Elton John (Sleep, Shuffle...sleep would get me through the night.)
Double Marshall Crenshaw. Fitting, as it reminds me of when I saw him in Baltimore in 1983 - it was about 400 degrees that night as well and everyone standing in line to get into the club nearly suffocated.

Y'all have a restful weekend.

3Comments:

Blogger sari said...

Ever since I heard you liked Someday Someway - every time I hear Marshall, it reminds me of you.

Catch up on your sleep and I hope it cools down for you soon!!

10:37 PM  
Blogger Marshamlow said...

To add to your list of grocery store annoyances: People who block the isles with their buggies because they are casually chatting with their friends. I say take your social life to the coffee shop and get out of my way!

Cool thoughts sent your way!

11:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so with you on the insomnia front. I haven't had a decent night in over a week and I'm about fit to be tied.

12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home