http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Thursday Haiku Blogging

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Thursday Haiku Blogging

My sweet buddy, Monica, was a tad disappointed last week when I didn't Haiku Thursday. I shall not disappoint her this week.

Tell me I don't play to my audience!

My life in 5-7-5 syllable verse:

Cool chocolate cream cake
Why give me wretched heartburn?
Grope for antacid.

Weird man at market
Knows what veggies are on list
Psychic or psycho?

Only sleep in spurts
My life is just one long day
Broken up by naps.

Ripped off by weather
Thunder and wind but no rain
Nature's just a tease.

Bonnie rests her head
Furry face against my leg
She wants my ice cream.

Sleep under window
Night breeze floating over me
Skin's been craving this.

Time for another iced tea break.

4Comments:

Blogger Acinom said...

YAY!! I love haiku Thursday :) Thanks for the shout out too!!

11:54 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

Love the one about Bonnie! Too cute! Hope things cool off soon.

7:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*snap* :)

8:06 PM  
Blogger sari said...

It wouldn't be Thursday without Haiku!

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home