http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Out of Order

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Out of Order

Dear Sari,

I don't know how to break this to you. I know you'll come here because it's Thursday and you will go away sorely disappointed.

It's Thursday and I can't haiku. I don't know what happened. I want to haiku. I dig the haiku. I sit to do the haiku and it's a no can do.

It should be simple. It's just 5-7-5. One would think that anyone with a life as wildly exciting and filled with thrills-a-minute normal and yet not-quite-down-to-being-dead-boring as mine is should be able to toss together a few three line poems summing up her daily activities. I mean I should be able to at least come up with some bad haiku. Even bad haiku is still pretty good. Those charming syllable patterns and all that get readers to count them out on their fingers.

And it's not from lack of effort. I'm trying here. My brain is smoking.

I've let you down, haven't I?

Begging your pardon,

Dixie

P.S. As for the rest of you - if you so much as breathe "Whew! Another week with no haiku! Dodged another bullet!", I'm going to know. Oh I will know.

3Comments:

Blogger sari said...

Dear Dixie,

As I sit here listening to Elvis on my new PORTABLE RECORD PLAYER that I got FOR FREE (!!!!!!) I must tell you two things:

1) You never disappoint me, Haiku or not; and

2) I will lamely carry the Haiku flag on alone until you are ready (or not) to return to the Beloved 5-7-5.

Heck, you wrote me a direct letter on your blog, that's cool for me!!

Your friend,

Sari

11:36 PM  
Blogger Mimey said...

Over in Deutschland
Unquenched by rivers of words
Dixie will soon rise

not bad off the top of my head.

Hope your vibe's back soon.

10:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What? Gretel still not back? Man, I may have to look into that.

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home