http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Friday Shuffle - Short Bursts Edition

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Friday, October 27, 2006

Friday Shuffle - Short Bursts Edition

There's not much of note happening around here so let's just hit the highlights:

~ Look! New sock pictures! Oh don't whine. I don't whine when you show photos of your beautiful children, do I?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


My saffron sock just after picking up the heel stitches. So far it's going well but I'm having trouble with getting ladders down the side where I do right decreases. That's happened on the last three pair of socks I've knitted and I think it may have to do the extra stitch I've been picking up in the corner. I'm going to have to try something different on the next sock.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Look at that gorgeous colorway Belinda created! It reminds me of the Dalai Lama's robes.

~ While out walking today I saw an ancient woman walking her dog and shrieking at the dog "Stop! Stop pulling me along so hard!". She was walking a long haired chihuahua. I had to laugh at the idea of this woman feeling dragged along by what amounted to a rat on a string.

~ This afternoon while at a stoplight I saw the car ahead of me painted to advertise Die Singende Klofrau (The Singing Toilet Attendent Lady). I was so disappointed upon looking at her website to find that she's an entertainer and not an actual restroom attendent that sings. I'd happily fork out a couple euro to use the restroom if a floor show were included.

~ My friend, Laura, left me some magazines when she was here for a visit and I'm just now getting around to reading them. One is a celeb gossip magazine and I found myself flipping through the pages and too often saying "Who in the hell is that?". I've officially been out of the US long enough that I don't know who passes these days for a celebrity in the States. And I have this feeling that people in the US and perhaps these celebs themselves think they're famous all around the world but that ain't the case. If I haven't heard of you, then there's a good chance no one in Europe gives a damn about you either.

Know who is world famous? Bixente, the iPod. Well, maybe not world famous himself but his extended family is. Time to shuffle.
  1. And It Stoned Me - Van Morrison
  2. Down In Mary's Land - Mary Chapin Carpenter
  3. Love Is Like Oxygen - Sweet
  4. Brass In Pocket - The Pretenders
  5. Ordinary Day - Great Big Sea
  6. Atlantic City - Bruce Springsteen
  7. I Know You're Married - Rodney Crowell
  8. Crazy - Gnarls Barkley
  9. London Skies - Jamie Cullum
  10. Within You Without You - The Beatles
Have a good weekend. Become famous or at least sing in the restroom.

6Comments:

Blogger Mimey said...

The way you're forming the heel there is pretty neat. Seriously, I surprised myself by being interested.

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all, I ALWAYS sing in the restroom. I always have the luck to use toilets that have music playing.

Secondly I'm so glad you're enjoying the sockyarn :D :D

But, what do you mean by laddering? You mean when you're working the heel it seems to "gap" between stitches? I'd love to help if I can!

11:05 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

I actually read all the knitting descriptions because I like the socks and I was not bored at all and I don't need.

That shuffle is so cool -- Van Morrison, Rodney Crowell, Bruce Springsteen AND Gnarls Barkley -- I'm in heaven.

I think celebrities here do think they are famous worldwide -- sometimes I'll read the gossip mags and won't know who those people are and I live here.

6:57 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Sorry -- I meant I don't knit.

6:58 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Belinda, it's not the picked up stitches along the heel flap that are gapping. I always knit the first round of those through the back loop so the stitch twists. The ladders I'm getting lately are on the gusset decreases. On the side where I do the right leaning decrease - the ssk side - I'm getting a ladder between the first stitch I knit on needle four (I knit with 5 dpns so the last needle is needle four for me) and the ssk decrease. It's been on the last three pairs of socks I've knit - the socks I've started picking up an extra stitch on between the heel flap and the top of the foot to prevent a hole there. I have tried to tug those decrease stitches a bit tighter and that's help but I'm not convinced it's completely solving the problem.

Y'all are so good to me to put up with my sock talk!

7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't even know who most of the people in American gossip rags are, and I live here!

At Rendezvous in Memphis, there used to be an older-than-God ladies room attendant who always sang. Not in a showy way; she just always had a tune. I have no idea if she's still there or not, but I always liked her.

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home