http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Friday Shuffle - Indoor Plumbing Edition

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Friday, April 27, 2007

Friday Shuffle - Indoor Plumbing Edition

I just came in from walking Bonnie for the last time today. There's a lawn in front of an apartment building across the street where I take her when it's after dark so she can piddle on the grass. We're in a drought so that lawn could take all the water it can get.

To take advantage of the unseasonably warm weather we're having the Nashville Saloon has a few tables outdoors. Al fresco dining is big here when it's warm. As I was passing the alley way that leads to the restaurant a guy came out, passed by me, went into the sparse shrubs that are adjacent to the bit of lawn I was headed for and proceeded to take a wee on the one large tree that's in with the shrubbery. It was at that moment that Bonnie also decided to stop and empty her bladder so as I waited for her I could hear this guy behind me not ten feet away peeing so hard I thought he was removing bark from the tree.

Now I know the Nashville Saloon is practically a parody of American Southern culture but damn. I feel fairly certain that their representation of the American South doesn't include the idea that we Southerners only have outhouses at our disposal. We've had indoor bathrooms for quite a long time now, thank you, and I know for certain this restaurant has a men's toilet.

I wanted so bad to turn around and say "If you'd just waited a bit longer I'd have taken you for a walk too.".

I need to scratch that memory from my mind's eye. Bixente, the iPod, let's shuffle.
  1. Naive - The Kooks
  2. Look Through Any Window - The Hollies
  3. Gotta Be A Sin - Adam Ant
  4. Amanda - Don Williams
  5. Come Dancing - The Kinks
  6. Hang Fire - Rolling Stones
  7. Run Runaway - Slade
  8. Supersonic - Oasis
  9. Melatonin - Silversun Pickups
  10. I'm The Man Who Murdered Love - XTC
Enjoy your weekend. And be sure to do the inside stuff inside.

Labels:

6Comments:

Blogger sari said...

#5, 6 & 7 - great ones!!

I laughed out loud at the "removing the bark from the tree" part! I would've been laughing out loud right then and there!

Hope your weeked is good!

12:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Weeing" is VERY common in Germany, in the "wide open." First somewhat shocked, it´s an everyday thing now. Live on 4th floor. Overlook a "green space" with shrubs. Right across is a nice "patch." SO FUNNY! Most will hurry off the sidewalk, look around (their eye level) and WEE! Not realizing or caring, I am sure, that people above their eyes can and at least once in a while I do! Dogs, then, on a walk HEAD right for that area and top. Americans can really learn a lot about what truly is important.

5:17 AM  
Blogger Marshamlow said...

Men urinated in public in both Italy and Japan without caring if anyone was around to witness them in all their glory. I was once at a German Festival in Indiana, consuming my fair share of beer, and the line to the restroom was so long I wished I could pee in public. Beer always seems to do this to me. But, I did wait my turn in the line to the loo. I guess that makes me an American with a lot to learn about what is truly important.

4:10 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

I loved this: "If you'd just waited a bit longer I'd have taken you for a walk too.". -- It made laugh.

Any shuffle that includes Don Williams is a great one. Plus I'm The Man Who Murdered Love!

7:59 PM  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

What's so funny in A'dam, Dixie, is the open men's urinals right on the street and often near a bus stop. I've seen a 3-sided one where 3 guys can go at the same time. Their backs are to the public but everything else is totally clear.

So where are the women's rights???? And what structure would WE have to accommodate us???

6:26 PM  
Blogger melusina said...

Lol, that is too funny.

Ironically, I had a friend in Nashville who seemed to have a thing about having to go outside. I mean, we would leave my house and he would stop and pee on the bushes outside.
He was a really good friend, otherwise, such behavior would never be tolerated.

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home