http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Thursday Haiku

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Thursday Haiku

It's three lines. It's a 5-7-5 syllable pattern. It's my Thursday.

Girl doctor today
Hairdresser this afternoon
Both ends are now fine.

Hey! No stirrups here!
Legs held underneath the knees
Not cold on your feet.

That speculum though
Always icy, icy cold
Must be straight from fridge.

Back in my old 'hood
That's where the hairdresser is
Very creepy there.

Just looks all slummy
Run down, tired and shabby
No regrets I moved.

Read a lot today
Get fidgety in the chair
The waiting is dull.

Six weeks and six months
Two new appointments are made
Then more of the same.

Labels:

3Comments:

Blogger jafabrit said...

I enjoyed reading your interview and relate to the haiku arg! have the docs and hair appt around the same time next month lol!

Isn't it funny, well not ha ha funny, where life leads us. I bet you NEVER imagined in a million years, just as I don't, that you would be living in another country and with a lifestyle you totally didn't envision.

3:52 PM  
Blogger sari said...

"both ends are now fine..."

that made me laugh out loud, such a wonderful little phrase.

I've been lousy about haiku...I need to do a Haiku week to catch up!

8:05 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

I love your haiku and the "both ends are now fine" line also made me crack up.

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home