http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Not the Norm

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Monday, April 23, 2007

Not the Norm

Unlike most weekends where I spend my free time knitting - a pursuit stereotypically belonging to cookie baking, gray haired grandmothers - I spent my time playing Sacred - a pursuit stereotypically belonging to fifteen year old boys living with their moms, subsisting on diets of Doritos, pizza and Coke and who dream of one day getting laid or 30 year old men living with their moms, subsisting on diets of Doritos, pizza and Diet Coke and who have given up their dream of ever getting laid.

Dude, I made 100 levels and my vampire is so ass kicking! I was smoking those poison trolls and the Shaddar'Rim! And my armor set is awesome!!

I opted to forgo the Doritos and pizza and went instead with kiwi and bananas. I ain't chancing getting too close to the stereotype.

Labels: ,

5Comments:

Blogger sari said...

You know, I don't get enough weekends where I can geek out on video games and be a sludge - no matter what you're eating, it's just a wonderful treat to do that sometimes, isn't it??

It sounds like another game I'd like!

12:15 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

What I love even more about this game - and I'm not normally big into this sort of computer game - is that you can play it online for free. B knows so many people from playing Sacred online it's scary.

12:38 AM  
Blogger Miz said...

Hmmmm...Might have to look into that. I so need another way to avoid the stuff that needs doing.

4:36 AM  
Blogger Hilda said...

My online addiction is World of Warcraft: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_of_warcraft.

Both hubby and I play (we actually had to buy a laptop in addition to our desktop so that we wouldn't fight!), and we've met lots of nice people - two of which have become pretty close friends of ours.

It's a lot of fun, but seriously addicitive. They even spoofed it on "South Park".

7:06 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

B had looked into World of Warcraft and had tried a free trial offer of the game and would probably like the game but since he's got limited use of his hands - he steers the mouse with the aid of a pencil clipped onto his hand so he's essentially using his computer, both keyboard and mouse, with what is equal to one finger. The way has to use the mouse in WoW isn't compatible with the way he's able to do it so we've stuck with Sacred.

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home