http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Friday Shuffle - Rutted Edition

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Friday, September 28, 2007

Friday Shuffle - Rutted Edition

Are you technically in a rut if you simply don't have time to get anything else done but the rut-like activities in which you're currently engaged? And does it matter?

I take care of my husband. I shop. I clean. I cook. I go back to cleaning. I continue to be buried under a mountain of dirty laundry and cardboard. The cardboard I'll eventually rid myself of by hauling it down the street to the old paper recycling bin but the laundry? Well I suppose that problem could be solved by me hauling my dirty clothes to the old clothes collection bin but that leaves me without panties and I simply can't go visit my mother without panties.

And while I'm on the subject of hauling things out of here, may I make one simple request? Could it possibly stop raining long enough for me to get all this cardboard hauled out of here? I'm running out of room in the apartment and it seems to be a bad idea to cart around cardboard in the pouring rain.

You're wondering why I have so much cardboard, right? I mean one family couldn't have so many cardboard boxes, could they? Oh ho! They certainly could if they never threw any out over the course of the year. I have a spare room that tends to be used as a storage area. I get medical supplies for B in these big ass cardboard boxes that are stored in that room that no one but me goes into. They get emptied and if I don't cut them up and throw them out right away, they build up. Add to that the zillion things we order online - books, CDs, clothes, electronics, shoes, etc. - and the packages family and friends send me. Those empty boxes tend to get thrown in the empty medical supply boxes. And all this cardboard in their pressed paper condos get all friendly with one another and they get fruitful and multiply and I end up with the China of the empty carton world.

May as well shuffle while I have time. Then it's back to the cardboard torture chamber before my box cutter cools off.
  1. Phantom Limb - The Shins
  2. Big Girl (You Are Beautiful) - Mika
  3. Tempted - Squeeze
  4. Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth) - George Harrison
  5. Try A Little Tenderness - Otis Redding
  6. You Didn't Have To Be So Nice - Lovin' Spoonful
  7. Elvis Is Everywhere - Mojo Nixon
  8. Mayor Of Simpleton - XTC
  9. Jump Jive An' Wail - Brian Setzer Orchestra
  10. Love Is Only A Feeling - The Darkness
Happy weekend, folks!

Labels:

5Comments:

Blogger Marshamlow said...

Don't tell anyone, but I still have an entire wall of my garage stacked up two deep of cardboard boxes I haven't yet unpacked from my move. Good luck with the boxes and laundry, you are really going to need this vacation when you get done with the getting ready.

2:32 AM  
Blogger JEANNETTE said...

When we moved a year and a half ago - after having lived in that house for about five years - I spent days cutting down and carting away 7 completely packed carloads of cardboard to the recycling center. So I hear ya.

10:28 AM  
Blogger UmmFarouq said...

I just departed with boxes that made 2 domestic moves in AL, then were loaded w/ stuff and put on a plane almost six years ago to bring us all here. Sturdy, sturdy UHaul boxes. I finally relented when I saw that they were beginning to disintegrate.

6:31 PM  
Blogger sari said...

We don't have a lot of carboard, but we just cleaned out our garage today. I'll tell you, we've lived in this house for the last four years and some of that stuff hasn't seen the light of day since before we moved here!!

Good luck!

2:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poking my head in via TheGoodBlogs and it looks like I've found a fellow Mississippi Magnolia! Hey from Gulfport! Land of the Stuck in the Ruts.

And because I love irony, my post today is based on a fellow blogger's post that featured an XTC song. No one ever mentions XTC, yet here you are. Love it, ya'll!

And, yes, I threw in that "ya'll" just for you.

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home