http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Just Yes or No

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Monday, October 08, 2007

Just Yes or No

Do I leave for my trip in less than 48 hours? Yes.

Am I packed? No.

Do I have all the cut up boxes hauled off. Yes. Finally, yes!

Do I have the rest of my apartment picked up, including getting the yarn, knitting needles, and about 40 books put where they belong? No.

Should I be doing that right now instead of sitting here at my computer? Yes.

Am I going to get up now and do it? No. Well, maybe. Oh wait...this is just yes or no. Well then, no.

Did I get all the laundry finished? No, but what's not washed isn't important and can fit in the dirty clothes hamper.

Do I still need to go grocery shopping? Yes.

Did I mess around to day and not get anything done that I was supposed to do? Yes, but I have an excuse! I wanted to spend time with B!

Am I going to run around like a maniac tomorrow and try desperately to get things done? Yes.

Do I do this every time I go on a trip. Yes. It wouldn't be my normal mode of operation if I didn't.

Wish me luck, folks, because I am going to be losing my mind come this time tomorrow.

Labels:

9Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dixie- If you are like me, you work best under pressure!
Have a good trip!!

9:29 PM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

I'm the sameway. I have never been packed on time.

9:51 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

As the saying goes, "If it weren't for the last minute nothing would get done!"

Spending time with B totally justifies whatever didn't get done. And if you leave something behind, you can always buy it when you get here. It's not like you are going to some remote spot on the planet. You are going to a thriving metropolis. So, don't fret the packing - go light!

Take a deep breath and have a great time!

10:38 PM  
Blogger sari said...

I know you'll have a wonderful time, I know you'll get everything done. It will be fine!

Have a safe trip, my friend!

2:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck Dixie! Have a great trip and remember to enjoy yourself!
;-)

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a peaceful, calm, non-claustrophobic, non-eventful, safe trip, and plz let us know when you land safe on the other side? Rock it, D. Have a good one!

1:50 PM  
Blogger The Big Finn said...

We leave for Japan in just over a week, and I'm sure I'll be running around just like you are the day before our trip. However, once I'm on the plane I'll have a couple of gin and tonics, and then I won't worry about a thing.

Have a great trip!

2:01 PM  
Blogger christina said...

Wow, you're doing way better than I would be with only 48 hours to go! I'm a "5 minutes to go and where's my damn suitcase?" kind of gal.

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gute Reise, Dixie!

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home