http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Diligent

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Diligent

Please pardon my absence. You didn't notice that I haven't written anything in nearly a week? Lie to me and say you did. I beg of you.

In the past week I have put aside many of my regular ways of filling my days, including writing blog entries, in favor of beginning my spring cleaning. It being only February doesn't matter. I'm slovenly and if I want things done before it actually turns summer I have to begin now. I've had my head stuck inside the oven for so long that I am considering changing my name to Sylvia Plath and I've been so intent on scrubbing the bathroom tile grout that I believe we've become best friends. I think the grout is getting me a valentine.

And the empty cardboard boxes. Oh the boxes! Those devil boxes! I can have every best intention in the world to not let them build up before taking them to the recycler but best intentions inevitably turn into "How in the hell did so many boxes get in here?".

I can't wait until the spring cleaning turns to going through my clothes closets. I know I've got some definite wardrobe gems in there.

Labels:

6Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh i did notice you absence for sure.Happy cleaning:)

10:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

;) I haven't noticed. But then, this IS my first trip here, so I guess that doesn't count for much, eh?

p.s. erm... lovely wallpaper on the last post... :D

1:47 PM  
Blogger sari said...

that would make for some good photo opportunities, the closet cleaning. :-)

2:50 PM  
Blogger sari said...

my word verification was "numbnul" which I thought was kind of funny.

2:51 PM  
Blogger TitanKT said...

I, too, demand a photo essay of your closet cleaning. DEMAND, I say!!!

Also... I did sort of notice that you hadn't posted for a while, but I can't pretend to much better. It's been at least that long since I've posted in my blog, too. Oh wait... nope. It's been longer!

Sari, I'm always making words out of the random collection of letters in the word verification, too. Makes it easier to type it for one thing and also... I just can't help it.

4:16 PM  
Blogger UmmFarouq said...

I have been in clothes-closet-spring-cleaning-de-junking right here with ya! (thus my conspicuous blogging absence which mostly I noticed)

But I did notice yours!

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home