http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Thursday Lipstick Blogging

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Thursday Lipstick Blogging

I've confessed before that I love lipstick and must at least scan over every lipstick display I see even if I don't buy anything or even have an intention of buying anything.

Traveller One asked to see my lipstick collection and as I have a camera battery still holding a charge (it was a new one I'd never unwrapped) I am happy to oblige.

Image hosting by Photobucket

That's my current collection of lipstick I actually use on a regular basis - there are a few others that I seldom use. I used to have much more but when I moved last November I threw out every lipstick that was close to being empty, was ancient or was a color I'd never wear. I was brutal in my lipstick culling and this is what survived the cut.

Notice anything about them? That's correct! Give yourself a prize! They're all basically the same color. By golly when I find something I like, I stick with it! While they're all in the mauve/plum/brownish pink family, they're not all alike. Oh nooooo. Some are quite sheer. Some are opaque. Some have a strong matte finish and some are a bit shiny and sparkly. Some are long lasting and some have to be reapplied about three minutes after the initial application. Some are as moisturing as a lip balm and some are like applying painted sand to your lips. Some smell like sweet flowers or fruit and some smell like an oil refinery. Every outfit, situation, and mood deserves its own lipstick and dammit I'm going to keep working until I have all those outfits, situations and moods covered.

This is more than you wanted to know about my lipstick, right? Mr. Fabulous is either weirdly fascinated right now or the eyes have rolled to the back of his head.

On to other matters...

~ I have an appreciation for those to travel by bicycle. I encourage it and I try to be a courteous automobile driver when I'm sharing the road with them. However if I cross paths again with the guy on his racing bike during rush hour on the streets of the city when the empty bicycle only lane is not more than three feet to his side, he's going to take a hurting from me his helmet won't help.

~ My darling friend, Mollie, gave me an Amazon.com gift certificate for my birthday (generous as ever!) and I'd delayed in using it because I just couldn't decide on what I wanted to order. I placed my order last night and settled on Big Girl Knits and the His Dark Materials Trilogy, the latter because some of y'all recommended it. Sparky, I'm trusting your good taste in books!

~ Hair has been freshly colored today. I love going to the hair salon. Not just because I walk out with my hair styled and my roots gone but it's the one place I can sit and read uniterrupted for forty-five minutes.

I'm answering questions tomorrow. Get 'em in today if you've got a yen to be nosy.

9Comments:

Blogger Kirsti said...

Big Girl Knits is the most wonderful book - well, you read my blog raves about it, right? We could start our own knitalong... And I never wear lipstick, so couldn't tell the difference between any of your collection! It's still very impressive.

10:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sigh. dix. wish you would've told me, you could've used my amazon employee discount :)

6:56 AM  
Blogger christina said...

I bow down to your truly awesome lipstick collection! I used to have a whole bunch and then realized that I never wore most of them so now I'm down to one colour I really like (Chicogo/Rimmel 'Drop of Sherry' - do I see that in the group?) and I buy a few of those at a time.

9:57 AM  
Blogger Mimey said...

My favourite is the slim one right at the back with the bluish casing. Now how could I have a favourite if they weren't all vastly different?

1:08 PM  
Blogger Miss Kim said...

Oooo we wear the same colour!

8:26 PM  
Blogger The DP said...

the black square cased one in front looks strangely like a bobbie brown one i also possess.

once i blogged my lip balm collection. i am always faithful to carmex, but i have about ten tubes on me at all times. not joking.

9:16 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Kirsti - I'll give you a review as soon as I get the book. It'll take a few weeks since I used normal shipping from the US.

Ash - Pooh. Maybe you could have saved me on the shipping charges. They were rather beastly.

Christina - You have quite the eye! The black tube between the far left side and middle thin tubes is most certainly Rimmel Drop of Sherry! Very good long lasting lipstick that isn't too dry feeling. Smells good too!

Mr. Fab - Feel free to borrow some any time! Heh!

jvs - That one would be Nivea Beaute Extreme Stay in Extreme Cassis. You favor the one I like best for color but it's dryer than dust.

trav one - I noticed that when you showed your lipstick stash!

cncz - That one would be a L'Oreal but I don't remember which line it comes from. It's a favorite of mine though. Of all drugstore lipsticks, L'Oreal tends to have the ones I favor most. The only non-drugstore one in my current use stash is the one in the all silver case on the far right - Clinique Long Last Lipstick in Pink Chocolate.

9:35 PM  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

If I wore lipstick, a couple of those colors in there would definitely be the ones I'd pick. Must have to do with being a redhead?! You do have a knack, Ms. Dixie, of taking the mundane to a higher level :)

7:59 AM  
Blogger jen said...

i think you will love His Dark Marerials. Its fabu. the book we had was given to me by my sister and we all read it so many times the binding came off.

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home