http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Stray things

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Stray things

The assorted happenings of the day...

~ Dear Kaufland. I can now declare you as my favorite grocery store. I dig Lidl a lot, even though I no longer live across the street from one, but you've got it all over them when it comes to customer service. It's the day before Good Friday. It's normally a hellish day for grocery shopping but you've learned to make the day easier for your customers. You opened at 6am. You kept the aisles as clear as possible while still trying to keep them as stocked as possible. You actually had baggers at the checkout stands. Baggers! Real humans who would bag your stuff for you or at least put it back in the cart if you didn't want it bagged. I didn't have to stand in line to check out any longer than I would have had to on a normal day. And you were giving plastic grocery sacks for free! I also have to say that your employees are very polite and friendly. Always helpful, always asking me if I found my shopping experience to be good. I didn't even get the cross eyed look when I once forgot to get a price tag for some bell peppers that I bought.

You don't have every brand I like but you're close enough that I seldom have to visit other grocery stores. You've got it all over Marktkauf and Real. They can bite me.

~ Cozy has been saved. My MIL is the best. I love her better than Kaufland.

~ Speaking of love and Kaufland, they had a photographer there today taking baby pictures. A common sight in W@lmart but I've never seen it in a German store. Anyway as I walked past there was a five or six month old baby having her (I think it was a her...she looked like a her) photo taken as she sat in a zinc tub. Sweet Lord, that baby was so gorgeous. The cutest, cutest baby I've seen in ages. That baby was so precious looking that people were running over each other as they stopped to get a look at her. That baby made my day.

~ I'm rather glad that people can't see me from the street when I'm in my kitchen. I suppose that since the curtains come only halfway down the window they could see if if they stood far enough back and looked at just the right angle but I still think I'm too far up for them to see in clearly and I don't think that people in other buildings can see in from their angle. I'm completely free to turn on Bixente the iPod and dance in my kitchen as I make supper.

The neighbors, however, are probably wondering what all the loud singing is about.

7Comments:

Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

And I thought you were going to say you cooked in the nude! LOL. So I think you probably have nothing to worry about :)

Hmm. I don't think I've seen a Kaufland store in Hannover. Is it a chain? We have Beki on two corners about 3 blocks apart.

11:46 PM  
Blogger jen said...

From Sparky:

Kaufland is run by the same company as LIDL - and they're trying to make the ALDI-Brothers' life a living hell ;).

Kaufland is way preferrable to LIDL, though. The LIDL management is famous for treating their employees horribly and being generally morally ambiguous. It's one of the reasons why I like ALDI better, but we also shop at Kaufland and minimal.

- sparky

11:52 PM  
Blogger JT said...

Ginnie, something tells me that B would put mad face look away if Dixie were to cook in the nude! That is, of course, unless she was frying something :o

Dixie, darling... speaking of nudity... I've posted my latest artwork on my page. Tasteful! Tasteful! And no naughty bits in view to piss off the powers-that-be.

Good Lord, when's the last time you saw my work???

12:35 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Ginnie - Kaufland is a chain but like a lot of chains they're not everywhere. Maybe Christina knows of Kauflands in Hannover.

Sparky - I had a neighbor who worked at Lidl and they indeed were crappy to her. But damn if I don't love their frozen Schnitzel. If I'm busy, I'm still eating supper in ten minutes and the meat inside isn't creepy and fatty and funky.

It's a complete pain in the butt for me to get to an Aldi. I tend to only go there if they have a computer I really want.

12:37 AM  
Blogger Miss Kim said...

oh what I would do far a bagger! LOL I mean there are two checkouts right beside each other and yet the other cashier never helps with bagging! What's with that?
We should start a "cooking and dancing in the nude day"!

8:56 AM  
Blogger JT said...

Mr. Fabulous, any-food-related activy performed in the nude counts. It says so right here in the "The Nudists' Handbook: Or, How To Survive the Laundry on Three Loads a Year."

Traveller, I like your suggestion about cooking-and-dancing-in-the-nude-day. In fact, I do believe I'll take off my boxers right now and poach an egg.

On another note, Happy Good Friday and Happy Easter, Happy Passover, and Hallelujah! It's a holiday so I have the day off!

3:13 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

Dance like it hurts, baby. Dance like it hurts. ;-)

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home