http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Attempt to torment

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Monday, May 22, 2006

Attempt to torment

Some of what I love about knitting is that one is ever honing skills and learning more about the craft. Take, for instance, my attempt to design a lace wrap.

After a few failed tries I figured out that one has to do the center section of a pattern repeat over and over and not to do the end section until...well...the end. Ohhh! So that's what those arrows in the stitch pattern book mean!

And then there's all that damned arithmetic.

6Comments:

Blogger Marshamlow said...

I really enjoy learning new things as well, for me it isn't currently knitting, it is photoshop. Same thing different venue. I hope to learn to knit someday, I am so-so at crochet. We all have hats, scrarfs, and every sofa has its crocheted blanket over the back. You are really getting me excited about knitting.

2:03 AM  
Blogger Haddock said...

Mrs H is going to teach the Juniorette how to knit this week :)

2:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

lol - now this is rather funny but then again I'm not the one doing this task...

3:45 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

Now come on, Dixie, with your big brain I'm sure you'll figure it all out in no time!

5:14 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

I've picked another pattern and I've figured out how many stitches to cast on and now I'm up to the part I really hate - changing the stitch pattern from a chart to a written out pattern. The charts in this book are so tiny I can't read them unless they're right up in my face.

Lisa - sure, you can knit a scarf from sock yarn. The only problem is you generally have to use pretty thin needles and it'll take you forty-nine forevers to get it finished. I'm not one to talk...I'm going to knit this wrap with 4mm needles.

9:15 PM  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

LOL is right because I get to watch on the sidelines!

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home