http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Time management

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Time management

I sometimes have trouble doing things at normally acceptable times. In other words, if a whim strikes me, I go with it and often disregard the time of day or wait until it's a more appropriate hour.

Example:

Sari sent me some new clothes for Lottie, my sock monkey. I'd told Sari that I would get photos of Lottie modeling her new togs and have as of yet neglected to to it.

Folks who know me well know that I go to bed at a ridiculous hour - usually sometime around 3am. The reasons why aren't important to this tale, just the idea that when it's the middle of the night, I'm just going off to bed. Last night I'd been online playing a game for longer than normal so it was even later that I'd started getting ready for bed.

I was putting a few things away for the evening when I spied the little box that still had Lottie's new clothes inside and you know 3:15am seemed, at that moment, to be a perfectly logical time to try on the new duds. I figured it would only take a moment anyway.

One of the items is a teensy pair of pink silky bloomers, complete with lace around the hole for her tail. As you can imagine, panties for a sock monkey are a bit of a close fit. Lottie, while being a fit little sock monkey who values the importance of regular exercise, still has rather...well...fluffy legs. Couple that with her ample tail and you can figure that it was a struggle to get these panties on her. I realize that it was something that could wait until at least it was daylight outside but once I got started, I didn't see any need to quit. She was getting those damn bloomers on or I was going to die trying.

There was a vague bit of muttering coming from me and finally B said "I'm tired, honey. It's so late. What are you doing in there?"

How was I to answer that question except with the truth?

"I'm putting panties on Lottie and they're sort of tight."

"Oh."

"Sorry you asked?"

"Yes. I may not sleep now knowing you were up in the middle of the night struggling to get panties on a doll."

"Sock monkey."

"Don't start."

15Comments:

Blogger The DP said...

that conversation just sounds so German though!

10:07 PM  
Blogger sari said...

You see, this is why I love you so much! It sounds perfectly reasonable to be up at that hour doing that, because you felt like it.

I can't wait to see (someday) the pictures! haha!

10:55 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

I think pictures will be on Thursday. Thursday sounds like a good day for a Lottie fashion show.

11:21 PM  
Blogger Mikki Marshall said...

Let me be sure to take Everybody from the bed on Thursday-seeing Lottie's lacies might just put him over the edge!

12:40 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Mikki, it could be the start of a beautiful romance! Heh!

1:02 AM  
Blogger Marshamlow said...

If left to my own devices I love to stay up late too. The world is a bit more peaceful. Over the last few years my little one wakes me up at o'dark early. So instead of staying up really late, I get up at 4 a.m. I then have two hours to myself. I know, that is just plain crazy, but it works for me.

1:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

sounds like us or me and the photos from our wedding that i still haven't finished 5 months later!

4:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I admire you... I've discovered that I don't like the wee hours from either perspective. From the got up side or the stay up side, although if I have to pick, I pick the stay up side. I REALLY hate the got up side. Everytime I stay up that late, though, it takes me longer and longer to recover and screws up my schedule and consequently Michael's schedule and well, this is how I've ended up not liking the wee hours. It's sets off a chain of events that just aren't worth it.

On the other topic, though, I am VERY anxious to see these panties. Hehehe... call me a sock monkey perv if you will, but I have visions of the lace surrounding the opening for the tail and that is just thrilling.

4:35 AM  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

The pics will be a hoot, I'm sure, especially now knowing all the hard work you went through! Can't wait.

11:06 AM  
Blogger melusina said...

Lottie is the cutest sock monkey. I would have one myself, except I think my cats would eat it. No, they would devour it.

I'm with you on the "appropriate times" thing. I'm always up at all hours, thankfully my husband has learned how to tune me out completely and sleep soundly. And I have a tendency to do the damndest things at the durndest times, to the extreme frustration of my husband.

But I have to say, putting pants on a sock monkey pretty much takes the cake.

6:02 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Don't play solitaire but I don't play Guild Wars either...I play Sacred online. I've been playing it for almost two years now...completely addicted to it.

We have Guild Wars but I've never tried to play it and B just never took to it.

I've been warned to never get started onf World of Warcraft. It's supposed to be like crack.

Lisa, get a sock monkey. You need your own sock monkey. Tell the boys to leave it alone, too.

12:28 AM  
Blogger Marshamlow said...

Have you ever tried InkLink, it is at Shockwave.com. Online pictionary, I cannot get enough.

1:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've heard World of Warcraft is like crack, too. And I believe it.

5:36 AM  
Blogger BarefootCajun said...

I so totally do stuff like this. Drives E crazy. I'll get fixated on something and have to finish it no matter what time it is.

7:40 PM  
Blogger melusina said...

I play World of Warcraft, and I used to play Everquest. But I've never tried crack, so I don't feel I can make a fair comparison, lol.

WoW is addictive, but I don't find it any more addictive than any other game I've played. Sure, when you first play you want to play a lot, but once you get your character up in levels it can get a bit tiresome. It is fun, at any rate.

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home